Homeward bound, I wish I was...

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
Gob

Homeward bound, I wish I was...

Post by Gob »

"Luckily" Hen has a ticket to fly home next Monday.

Even though I'm a true blue Aussie I'm staying behind to look after the dogs and be lonely.

SYDNEY, March 17 (Reuters) - Australia advised all its citizens abroad who want to return home to do so immediately because of disruption caused by the coronavirus.

"As more countries close their borders or introduce travel restrictions, overseas travel is becoming more complex and difficult," the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade said in updated guidance posted on its website on Tuesday.

"You may not be able to return to Australia when you had planned to."

Australia has already urged citizens to refrain from going abroad. The updated advice was issued after Prime Minister Scott Morrison met with state and territory leaders to discuss strengthening restrictions on public gatherings.

The government has banned gatherings of more than 500 people, but several state leaders are pushing for the ban to extend to any event with more than 100 people.

Representatives for Morrison did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Australia has from Monday required anyone arriving from overseas would be required to self-isolate for 14 days. It has stopped short of taking tougher measures such as closing schools or imposing curfews.

The measures are expected to restrict tourism yet further. The Sydney Opera House, a national symbol, said it would suspend all performances until the end of the month. Australian Fashion Week, music festival Splendour in the Grass, all Cricket Australia matches and the World Surf League were all cancelled as the number of cases of coronavirus topped 400.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Long Run

Re: Homeward bound, I wish I was...

Post by Long Run »

We can all be lonely together. Our gathering limit is 25, with exceptions for stores, workplaces, etc. Going to be an odd St. Patrick's Day (which has become a national drinking day for a large part of our population -- maybe Cinco de Mayo will be available for that).

Burning Petard

Re: Homeward bound, I wish I was...

Post by Burning Petard »

Anybody here know if Chicago is gonna have its green river?

Strange St. Paddy's day around here--all the bars in PA, NJ, DE are closed except for take-out. Probably be arrested in the street for wearing the 'kiss me! I'm Irish" button.

snailgate