Blaspheme, burn the witch!!!

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: Blaspheme, burn the witch!!!

Post by Bicycle Bill »

"STRONG COFFEE" —

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

strong coffee.jpg
strong coffee.jpg (24.74 KiB) Viewed 1883 times

dales

Post by dales »

Peets vs. Starbucks?

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Illy, fresh ground, in a moka pot. Yummmy.

These days just weekends tho, too much coffee gets my much-more-sensitive-as-I’ve-gotten-older tummy going.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Guinevere wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:33 am
Illy, fresh ground, in a moka pot. Yummmy.
Absolutely the best. No other store bought brand can even compare.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

The breakfast drink of Champions
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

Big RR wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:16 pm
Not a recommendation of something to drin, but avoid lapsang souchong tea at all costs; I had it once in an Asian tea House known for different teas by the potful, and I swear it tasted like creosote in a cup. I got it because I generally like black teas, but this is somehow smoked to get that creosote flavors.

While I don't like Lapsang souchong alone, it's great for giving a smokey edge to your own blends of tea.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Gob

Post by Gob »

Guinevere wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:18 pm
I've been on a London Fog tea kick -- Harney's loose in a tin -- it's earl grey with some lavender. Add some milk and maybe a touch of honey, and its fabu. I also love Twinings Prince of Wales, one of long-time favorites. Hard to find in the US.

Herbal teas -- really tisanes -- so many lovely options. I'm drinking a couple right now from Switzerland, with alpine herbs and flowers, including eidleweiss! And I always love a good ginger tea. Ginger turmeric is also a great combo.

Finally, don't forget the lovely asian teas, like jasmine so delicate and fragrant. I'll also make a matcha green tea latte (use powdered matcha, unsweetened, best quality you can manage), whisk it into steamed milk of your choice. I add a drizzle of maple or honey.
Yes, but do you drink tea tea? ;-)
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Gob

Post by Gob »

My "go to" tea bag, though I love experimenting with my own blends of loose tea.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Gob wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:59 am

My "go to" tea bag, though I love experimenting with my own blends of loose tea.
I’ve got a bag of this waiting in my cupboard for the arrival of my new diffuser. I think it was Daisy who recommended it to me, in a brief thread about brew on her Facebook page. Since two of my UK friends are fans, I’m looking forward to tasting what all the praise is about.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Gob wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:56 am
Guinevere wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:18 pm
I've been on a London Fog tea kick -- Harney's loose in a tin -- it's earl grey with some lavender. Add some milk and maybe a touch of honey, and its fabu. I also love Twinings Prince of Wales, one of long-time favorites. Hard to find in the US.

Herbal teas -- really tisanes -- so many lovely options. I'm drinking a couple right now from Switzerland, with alpine herbs and flowers, including eidleweiss! And I always love a good ginger tea. Ginger turmeric is also a great combo.

Finally, don't forget the lovely asian teas, like jasmine so delicate and fragrant. I'll also make a matcha green tea latte (use powdered matcha, unsweetened, best quality you can manage), whisk it into steamed milk of your choice. I add a drizzle of maple or honey.
Yes, but do you drink tea tea? ;-)
Lots of it! I have an entire shelf in a cabinet devoted to teas of all kinds. I became obsessed with tea and using a proper pot after my first trip to England when I was 10. Loved drinking good strong black tea.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Coffee...if it will not eat through a paper cup, it is not strong enough.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Long Run wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:18 pm
That frou-frou crapuccino shit ain't real coffee.  It may have STARTED as coffee (espresso), but then got fucked up beyond all recognition and salvation.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Sounds like someone pissed a fancy design into BB’s cornflakes
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Guess he takes a barista into the bathroom with him. Probably that guy writes 'Bill' on the bowl beforehand. Before hand! <snert>. Sometimes he has a crapuccino. In a latterine.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Didn't mean to plunge anyone into a crappy mood.

RayThom

Blaspheme, burn the witch!!!

Post by RayThom »

I'm flushed with disgust.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Get it out of your cistern, RayT

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Tea question for the tea people.

So, my new diffuser set and new Harney & Sons teas arrived yesterday and wowza, the teas smell AMAZING! So far I received Paris, hot cinnamon spice (those two came in the diffuser set, which FYI would make a lovely gift for a tea lover), Victorian London Fog and Tower of London. I’ve got a few more varieties arriving in a later package (I made good use of their excellent 20% discount, glad I shopped when I did because it’s gone already and I’m not sure I’d pay their full prices); I’ll also have Irish breakfast, Scottish morn, and something called holiday tea which sounds like it will be lovely when the cold weather returns.

I’m going on a tea kick because in order to address some autoimmune symptoms, on medical advice I’m embarking on an intermittent fasting which will mean a few days a week where I drink a lot of tea with honey and just a serving of nuts and a piece or two of fruit.

Anyway, here’s my question: does tea really expire like spices do? Even if it’s in a bag inside a sealed foil packet? Because I’ve got some tea that’s been kicking around for a few years now while I was drinking coffee, and I’m wondering if I should keep it and drink it before my new stuff, or use it in my plants and garden instead and jump into enjoying my new stuff while it’s relatively fresh (because it must sit on the shelf at the tea blender’s for a while, no?).
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan