New Home for My Stuff

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
Long Run

New Home for My Stuff

Post by Long Run »

Missing a spring clean -- get rid of stuff effort. Goodwill donation centers are closed. No one is doing yard sales (or for Easterners, "tag sales"). Don't want to sell stuff on Nextdoor/Craigslist and have to interact with strangers. My neighbor left a couple of okay outdoor chairs on the curb with a "free" sign and they were gone a day later. Might work for a few things. Got at least 4-5 car loads of items too nice to just toss but no longer wanted around here. Anyone else have a back up of things to deal with?

Guinevere

Re: New Home for My Stuff

Post by Guinevere »

I’m trying to do a clean up and out soon. Big Brother/Big Sister was picking up last month, some local shelters and halfway houses were interested in books, the Red Cross is still taking clothing, and I was considering a dumpster bag for the rest!

But we are in pretty good shape here in Mass, since we have reasonable rules people generally following them, so ymmv.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

It's probably a regional or local thing, but our local Goodwill donation center reopened about a month ago and I dropped off a bunch of stuff soon thereafter. Maybe check around and see if there are any nearby Goodwill places open, or check to see if there are any plans to reopen soon?

I recently emptied out a storage container (and put most of the contents in the garage), so I'm planning to spend the next few weeks (months?) going through stuff and organizing/discarding things. Hopefully there will be space for at least one of our cars in the garage before next winter.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Gob

Post by Gob »

I'm going bargain hunting now our charity shops are opening. I want more junk*, not less!

*By "junk", I really mean "books".
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Econoline wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:04 am
Hopefully there will be space for at least one of our cars in the garage before next winter.
Good to have goals!

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Econoline wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:04 am
Hopefully there will be space for at least one of our cars in the garage before next winter.
If you don't want to leave the car out in the weather during the winter, you could always get rid of it.

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?