A fight I would actually have paid to see.

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
TPFKA@W

A fight I would actually have paid to see.

Post by TPFKA@W »

I stumbled across this video while on youtube which spurred me in turn to the article.
I am sure most of us on here are old enough to remember Ali, who my father insisted on calling Cassius Clay :roll: . But even my racist old father was rather in awe of Ali. I recall Ali's trash talk, which was unequaled. The black Superman:

Who would have won, Tyson or Ali? https://bleacherreport.com/articles/582 ... really-win

Joe Guy

Re: A fight I would actually have paid to see.

Post by Joe Guy »

Either one of them had the ability to win a single match against the other. I'd bet on Ali for two out of three.

dales

Post by dales »

Those tit-for-tat along with back and forth verbal sparring with Howard Cossell were legendary.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I used to get sick and tired of Ali's verbal barrages and self praise (but nowhere near as much as I got sick of Cosell--I used to watch Monday night football with the sound off and, often, the radio on), but he was a hell of a fighter and I gained a lot of respect for him after he refused the draft, especially after seeing what he lost.

As for Ali/Tyson, as Buster Douglass showed, so long as a fighter could take a couple of Tyson's punches, Tyson couldn't go the distance (and Ali took at least the same amount of punishment at the hands of Norton). I'd take Ali on either a TKO or points; I doubt he'd knock Tyson out.