It's Not Finger Lickin' Good In the UK or Canada Anymore

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
Joe Guy

It's Not Finger Lickin' Good In the UK or Canada Anymore

Post by Joe Guy »

(I read elsewhere that in Canada, UK and a couple other countries (but not in the US) they were using the phrase in a current advertising campaign)
KFC suspends iconic ‘finger-lickin’ good’ campaign amid coronavirus fears

Ever eat fried chicken with a fork and knife?

For chicken heads who refuse to let a single juicy morsel of Kentucky Fried Chicken’s special “blend of 11 herbs and spices” go to waste, you might want to consider utensils.

That’s because the Southern-style fast-food chain is suspending their iconic “finger-lickin’ good” advertising campaign — a move to preserve the health of their customers amid the coronavirus pandemic. However, the enduring Colonel Sanders slogan, which originated in 1956, isn’t going anywhere, company reps assure The Post.

Standard safety measures set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention dictate that individuals may avoid contracting coronavirus by being especially mindful of their hands — washing frequently, not touching their face, reducing physical contact with others — especially those who are ill, and definitely no finger-licking.

The UK’s Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) received 163 complaints regarding KFC’a now problematic commercials at the time of their reporting, according to The Independent. However, the ASA confirmed that formal action against KFC was not required as the fast-food chain reported that they had already made the decision to halt the promotion.

A spokesperson for KFC told the outlet, “It doesn’t feel like the right time to be airing this campaign, so we’ve decided to pause it for now -– but we’re really proud of it and look forward to bringing it back at a later date.”
source

They probably want to avoid being sued for finger lickin' chicken induced COVID-19.

Gob

Re: It's Not Finger Lickin' Good In the UK or Canada Anymore

Post by Gob »

Never tried it, never intend to.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Gob wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:46 am
So you just keep your hands grimy then?

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

God gave us napkins for a reason.

liberty

Post by liberty »

Gob wrote:
You are missing something Gob because it is good, almost addictive. It may not be good for you at least not in large measures, but it sure tastes good.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Well I guess to each his/her own; I like Fried chicken (the best I ever had was in Willie Mays Scotch House in New Orleans, but I can prepare it pretty well myself), but don't care much for KFC; likewise I like burgers but don't care much for McDonalds and like pizza but don't care much for Dominos. That being said, since he was promoted to a Colonel. a lot of people must like KFC.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

As long as you're only finger-lickin' your own fingers, I fail to see the problem.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:40 pm
As long as you're only finger-lickin' your own fingers, I fail to see the problem.
Yes, but what other places did your fingers go before you started lickin' the chicken off?

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Or what are you touching around you while licking your fingers, and therefore leaving your potentially infected saliva all over the place.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

rubato

Post by rubato »

Gob wrote:

Once your palate has been destroyed by Vegemite/Marmite there's no going back to real food. Lucky you're British, you don't have far to fall.

yrs,
rubato