Thoughts on the 2020 Tour de France

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: Thoughts on the 2020 Tour de France

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Burning Petard wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:19 pm
American culture continues to conquer the world.

Not enuff that the whole world now wears blue jeans. I just went over to the official TdF web page, then to the clothing for sale. Lots of caps, but they are ALL BASEBALL caps.

snailgate
Because
1) they're selling them to the fans, not the riders;
2) since they started mandating helmets, no one (not even the tifosi) wears those classic cycling caps from the 1950s and 1960s any more.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Did it start yet? Is it over?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:40 am
Did it start yet? Is it over?
Yeah.
Now (October 3 through 25) they're racing in Italy in the Giro d'Italia, and then they'll head to Spain to ride the Vuelta a España from October 20 through November 8 —
.........which means that since the last days of the Giro overlap with the first day of l'Vuelta, the teams have had to choose which riders to send to which race.

Which reminds me .... have the cricket test matches for the Ashes started yet?
And outside of some stuck-up toffs in old Blighty and Oz, does anybody really care?   :nana
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:23 am
Which reminds me .... have the cricket test matches for the Ashes started yet? And outside of some stuck-up toffs in old Blighty and Oz, does anybody really care?  
(a) the world is not bored to death with the Ashes every single bloody year. Last series was in 2019. Next England tour to Oz will be Nov 2021 - Jan 2022

(b) lots of people in India, Bangla Desh, Sri Lanka, South Africa, New Zealand, Pakistan, the West Indies, even Ireland and Zimbabwe and their ethnic cousins residing across the world care. Far more than give a turd about elitist drug addicts peddling around getting nowhere. :nana
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Yes I think cricket has a larger audience worldwide than any American sport?

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/201 ... ng-figures
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I've never understood why even discussions about sports degenerate into silly nationalistic jingoism; is not liking NFL style football an attack on America or Americans (for the matter, is enjoying it a patriotic celebration)? Same with cricket, or rugby, or cycling. These are sports, not political statements. :roll:

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Yes, I wear a helmet. But traditional cap taught important datum about reality--common sense can be wrong.

In the typical racer-biker position, the cap will get blown off your head if you ride with the bill DOWN!

I still walk around with my Campy cap. I guess that makes me a nobody and that's ok.

snailgate

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

What's nationalism got to do with a minor bike race in France? The frogs seem to enjoy it. Good for them. Probably longing for a bike that pedals backwards.... :shrug :lol:

Gob

Post by Gob »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:44 pm
Probably longing for a bike that pedals backwards.... :shrug :lol:
De gall of dat guy!

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Holy Macron!