Feeling old

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
ex-khobar Andy

Feeling old

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Went to the doctor today. Usual aches and pains associated (IMO) with getting older. My doc is probably older than I am - that’s why I chose him.

“My neck hurts. If I turn it more than 45 degrees from straight ahead, it hurts here. Backing out of a parking spot is a pain in the neck.”

He laughs, “Yeah, I get that. Don’t know what it is.”

Anyway he suggests some exercises. We’ll see, but I’m not hopeful. BTW I have the blood pressure of a teenager.

He wants me to get some blood tests, so I have to wait for the blood-sucking lady to come.

Five minutes later she knocks on the door.

“Come up to the lab” she says.

“And let’s see what’s on the slab” I offer, in my best Tim Curry as Dr Frank-N-Furter voice. No reaction. Don’t kids these days watch Rocky Horror?

Time to check out.

“Doc wants to see you again in six months. Are you free 15th March at 920?”

“Beware the Ides of March” I intone. Again no reaction. Am I really that fucking old?

Sue U

Re: Feeling old

Post by Sue U »

Yes, yes you are.
GAH!

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:15 pm
My doc is probably older than I am - that’s why I chose him.
The strategy I have heard is to pick a doctor a good 10-20 years younger than yourself (which is getting easier every year!). When you retire and have Medicare, most doctors will keep you on, but will not add new patients on Medicare because the reimbursement rates are so much less than private plans.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

If we had single payer that wouldn’t be an issue.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

And the bloodsucker and clerk at the doctor's office think you're weird and possibly senile.
BTW I have the blood pressure of a teenager.
Good thing you didn't tell the clerk that. (S)he would probably suggest that you give it back.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Age is a state of mind and a matter of genetics for many, but if you have ill used your body for years, expect retaliation. Thanks Dad for skin that doesn't (yet) wrinkle and a continued ability to leap somewhat tall buildings in a single bound. Keep moving or soon you will not be able to.