Nadal wins Roland Garros

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
ex-khobar Andy

Nadal wins Roland Garros

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Thirteenth time. I must say that I thought that maybe this would be the year that Nadal's waning skills would be met by Djokovic who seems not to have lost much of his stride. 6 - 9 first set!!! WTF. In the end a three setter and it got a little closer in the last set, but never really a doubt. I won't bet against him for a 14th edition next year.

Long Run

Re: Nadal wins Roland Garros

Post by Long Run »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:59 pm
6 - 9 first set!!! WTF.
Indeed. 8-)

It will take an act of eminent domain to take the Musketeers Trophy away from him -- he owns that place.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Sorry: 6 - 0 of course. Totally unexpected.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

You know Roland Garros was a WW1 pilot who "invented" a way to shoot his machine gun through his propeller by fitting it with deflecting plates? Shot his own plane down over German lines and gave Anthony Fokker the idea for a real interrupter-gear which for a time blew the Allied pilots out of the sky. I think there's a lesson in there somewhere.

Maybe not :lol:
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts