Pathetic New Trend

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Pathetic New Trend

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I use Yahoo for my email and therefore Yahoo is one of my regular 'go-to' pages on my computer.  I can't help but notice how far their landing page has gone downhill in the past year or so, serving up shitloads of ads — sometime blatantly, sometimes disguised as information articles — but that's not what I'm talking about today.

What I am talking about it the proliferation of animatronic 'pets' — itsy-bitsy puppies, kittens, even baby owls (for the Potterheads among us, I guess?) currently being flogged as 'the ultimate companion — won't bite, scratch, piddle, poop, bark, whine, or need to be fed'.  Just revel in the overwhelming 'cuteness' factor.  Sort of like the dyed baby chicks and bunnies of the Easters from my childhood long past, huddling under a single naked light bulb in an aluminum reflector at the local five-and-dime store — and we all know how well THAT turned out for those little critters.

Secondly, if I see ONE MORE ITEM featuring the so-called "baby Yoda" on it — really ... on a crockpot????? — I am going to seriously lose my shit.

I predict you'll be able to pick up both of these items ... and countless other 'gotta-have-'em' gifts for Christmas 2020 ... at yard sales and thrift stores across the country by next Labor Day at the latest.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Long Run

Re: Pathetic New Trend

Post by Long Run »

You would think they would be more sophisticated about giving you ads for products you might have an interest in (Marmite anyone?). Those ads make it possible for us to have unlimited free email.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Firefox.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:40 pm
I use Yahoo for my email
Well that's yer problem right there. (Might even be three words shorter.)
GAH!

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Long Run wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:18 pm
You would think they would be more sophisticated about giving you ads for products you might have an interest in (Marmite anyone?). Those ads make it possible for us to have unlimited free email.
I use AOL and have unlimited free email and no ads at all. I do get a nice news screen
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I use Yahoo for email only and get no ads. I never go to the Yahoo home page.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I do as well and rarely get any ads; just bookmark the mail login page.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I use Yahoo email and Apple Mail. No ads. I see the Yahoo main page occasionally but mostly ignore it.

dales

Post by dales »

I use yahoo mail and get no ads,

Update your ad blocker s/w.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Gob

Post by Gob »

Gmail, ad free.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”