Chesticles

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
Scooter

Re: Chesticles

Post by Scooter »

All who think as he does, certainly. No matter where they live.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Scooter wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:06 pm
Insistently using language that excludes or misgenders trans people does, however.
Dinosaurs.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Guinevere wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:27 am
Scooter wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:06 pm
Insistently using language that excludes or misgenders trans people does, however.
Dinosaurs.
Or you know, people with a differing opinion. You progressives are such tolerant individuals and show such an unerring respect for a difference in thought. I guess it's what makes you so progressive.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Ah yes, the old "one must tolerate intolerance". Sorry, not sorry.

-- Author unknown

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

From the Jim Wright article:
And yet, here he is, so terrified of trans people that he's got a huge sign in his front yard. And not just a sign, but SCIENCE -- not good science, but it's Milton, Florida and the sign has GENES on it and not JESUS.
How does the sign indicate the man is terrified of trans people?
That's modern conservatism, right there.

Madder than hell about things that have nothing to do with them.

Furious other people even exist.
And this article seems to be about how the author is furious that this 70 yr old white male exists.
I ask again, who radicalized this guy?
Could it be a reaction to so many people telling him how his opinion hurts their feelings?
I'll bet that in the 7 decades of this guy's existence, a trans person has never impacted his life in any measurable fashion whatsoever.

You don't know that, do you? How about if redneck old guy was once raped by a "trans person"? Would that influence your opinion?

Believe it or not, I'm not a redneck and I don't pretend to know everything about the guy who lives in that house - other than he is probably a redneck... :)

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Oooooh an article written by an ageist, racist, sexist asshole enamored of blank verse!

XX don't lie
Female is female

Yeah - that's real poetry and clever alliteration too! Why didn't that old, white, man, creature from (you know) the scum region of America put that on his sign huh? Why not?? Huh huh (excuse me while I pander to the left and do my superiority dance).

I know the answer. And I bet you do
Scooter wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:11 am

Milton, Florida.

Hick, backwater (literally), Southern town. This guy is mad about trans people.

Last week the sign said "Biden Stole It!"

But this week, it's trans folk. And he's mad enough to put up this sign in his front yard.

I've seen this guy, got to be in his 70s. Old white guy, from Milton, Florida.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

Can someone tell me, how many of these; "women who want to be men, but then decide they want to have a baby", exist? Is there a sufficient enough number of them who will be upset, enough for us to need to change our language?
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

And why is nobody responding at all to the actual story of an actual person that I posted?

Is it of no significance whatsoever that to have the baby the ""man" had to be turned back to the female form/function reversing "his" change from woman to man?

It's not a man having a baby for crying out loud - it's a woman. Grow up and stop being assholes with your righteous indignation and denial
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Gob wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:43 am
women who want to be men
:roll:
Is there a sufficient enough number of them who will be upset, enough for us to need to change our language?
Nothing for you to worry about, no one could ever accuse you of being open to or capable of change.

-- Author unknown

Gob

Post by Gob »

So, no answer to the actual question. How do you expect people to change if you don't give them facts?
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”