The only question is, will I survive prison?

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
MajGenl.Meade

The only question is, will I survive prison?

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

You could be arrested for using mouthwash or eating a hot-cross bun under South Africa’s driving changes
https://businesstech.co.za/news/motorin ... g-changes/
The Automobile Association of South Africa (AA) has heavily criticised the government’s plans to introduce a zero-tolerance stance on drunk driving.

The proposed change is included in the National Road Traffic Amendment Bill, which is currently being considered in parliament.

The amendments effectively change the legal blood alcohol content (BAC) limit for drivers from 0.05 grams per 100 millilitres to 0.00g/100ml, and the breath alcohol concentration from 0.24g/1,000ml also to zero.
No glass of wine with dinner at a restaurant?????? That's inhuman!
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Joe Guy

Re: The only question is, will I survive prison?

Post by Joe Guy »

The Automobile Association of South Africa (AA) has heavily criticised the government’s plans to introduce a zero-tolerance stance on drunk driving.
What the hell? Only a communist country would not allow a reasonable amount of drunks driving on the roads at any given time.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

From a straightforward chemistry point of view, there is no such thing as zero. No test in the world will say there is zero alcohol in the blood. It's a while since I did any testing for alcohol (never in blood or urine: wine, beer and raw spirits only) but if we couldn't find it, the best we could say is less than whatever the detection limit for the method is. So a blood test on a non-drinker would be <0.005 g/100 mL - something like that.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Joe Guy wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:04 pm
What the hell? Only a communist country would not allow a reasonable amount of drunks driving on the roads at any given time.
The original is, of course, an inaccurate sentence. Zero-tolerance for drunk driving is something everyone agrees with. Defining drunk as having any amount of alcohol is absurd, but the sort of thing a totalitarian government would like because it can then stop anyone on the suspicion of being alleged "drunken". Either that or this is a round about way of adopting a 18th Amendment.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Joe Guy wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:04 pm
:lol: :lol: Ja nie. Zero tolerance for that joke! The subject of criticism is the government's plans of how to go about it. Primary objections are (1) it's impossible to guarantee that anyone has BAC of zero; (2) a positive miniscule BAC does not equal "drunk" and (3) SAPS are so incompetent and uncommitted in areas where the problem is rife that we all know what the result will be*.

It's all part of the real programme (yes, that's right) to control crime statistics by stopping people from drinking alcohol at all and from leaving their own homes - COVID restrictions taught them the lesson. :lol:

*They'll set up road blocks for a few hours every now and then on a major road, test everyone they halt, arrest everyone they halt and shoot a couple as an example to the rest.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts