Life doesn't get better than this...

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
Gob

Life doesn't get better than this...

Post by Gob »

Its makers clearly aren't expecting an indifferent response from drinkers.

And with the famously divisive flavour of Marmite a key element, it's little wonder that they're calling their new beer Love Hate.

The limited-edition 4.8 per cent ale from Camden Town Brewery in London will be available at stores nationwide from September 13.

The yeast extract spread is a by-product of the beer brewing process.

Marmite brand manager Sophie Allan said the product 'originates from brewer's yeast so we've simply gone full circle and put it back into beer'.

She added: 'Marmite fans love it when we surprise them and put their favourite yeasty spread into new products, and this will be no exception.

'Strictly for our over-18 fans only, with the help of our friends at Camden Town Brewery they'll be able to enjoy the distinctive taste of Marmite in an ale.'

Ashleigh Amos of Camden Town Brewery said: 'Marmite is such an iconic brand that's been dividing the nation for over 100 years, so we couldn't think of anyone more iconic to launch a collaboration beer with.

'Combining Marmite's distinctive flavours with our never pasteurised beer might seem like an unlikely pairing at first - but trust us, you're going to love it.'

The brewers used smoked Rauch malt and Perle hops as well as Marmite to give the beer a smoky flavour.

A four-pack will cost £8 when it is released next month.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: Life doesn't get better than this...

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I dare say it's an acquired taste, like a fondness for a strong dark stout, a heavily-hopped IPA, or a single-malt Laphroaig.
But those are GOOD things.... :D
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Perhaps--but while I love hoppy IPAs and smoky single malts, you couldn't pay me to drink a marmite ale. But I agree, the other two are GOOD (or to quote Tony the Tiger, "GREAT") things. I'll leave the marmite ale for those whose taste it is.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

This makes no sense at all. They went through all that trouble to get the Marmite *out* of the beer in the first place.
GAH!

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

:lol: