and they call the Taliban medieval?

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
ex-khobar Andy

Re: and they call the Taliban medieval?

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

BB I don't think that anyone, ever, has said that rape and/or incest are primary causes of pregnancy. Straw man.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:52 pm
BB I don't think that anyone, ever, has said that rape and/or incest are primary causes of pregnancy. Straw man.
I'm not going to take the time to do a dive into Google to see just how many articles mentioned it — although there were articles on both the Houston Chronicle and San Antonio Express newspapers' websites; it just that they're behind paywalls so I won't waste time linking to them.   I'll just post these couple of memes posted on this board by Scooter — viewtopic.php?p=310833#p310833 & viewtopic.php?p=310837#p310837

So there are some people out there making this claim and creating these memes,   Maybe not many, but enough to add to the smokescreen.

And as I've said so many times before when addressing the men-folk without whom women would not be able to become pregnant — how difficult can it be to keep your pecker inside your pants??   If you need to get your rocks off that badly, that's one of the reasons why God put a hand at the end of your arm.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Read what I said, BB. I have added emphasis in case you missed the word. Scooter's post certainly did not suggest, imply, state, propose, intimate or theorize that it was a primary cause.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:25 am
ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Read what I said, BB. I have added emphasis in case you missed the word. Scooter's post certainly did not suggest, imply, state, propose, intimate or theorize that it was a primary cause.
Again, I did read what you wrote.  But actions — even making the beast with the two backs — have consequences, and sometimes those can be extreme.  So if you make the decision, you should be aware of what consequences you may be facing ... including an unexpected pregnancy.

Now, as I also said, since it is a currently legal procedure in these fifty United States (this Texas bullshit notwithstanding), I'm not going to stop you if you want to resolve one consequence with something that could cause even further problems — emotional, psychological, moral, and possibly even physical — somewhere else down the road.   That's a choice I'll never have to make, and I can proudly say that I never put anyone in a situation where they had to make that decision either.   It's a choice only the female (and perhaps her partner, if he's still even in the picture) can make, and I just hope she can live and still prosper with it.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

rubato

Post by rubato »

IMO some group should start running billboards that say: "Women can move to a state where they are not treated like cattle, or they can stay in Texas."

Moooo

yrs,
rubato

Gob

Post by Gob »

texas-back-to-the-past.jpg
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:17 pm
ex-khobar Andy wrote:
I'm not going to take the time to do a dive into Google to see just how many articles mentioned it — although there were articles on both the Houston Chronicle and San Antonio Express newspapers' websites; it just that they're behind paywalls so I won't waste time linking to them.   I'll just post these couple of memes posted on this board by Scooter — viewtopic.php?p=310833#p310833 & viewtopic.php?p=310837#p310837

So there are some people out there making this claim and creating these memes,   Maybe not many, but enough to add to the smokescreen.
Even the governor of Texas is toeing the 'raoe and incest' line...
Gov. Abbott said Texas will
'eliminate all rapists from the streets'
so women don't have to worry about the
new antiabortion law having no exception for rape

Gov. Greg Abbott of Texas said in a press conference on Tuesday that the state's new abortion law would not force rape victims to carry their assailant's child to term.  To achieve this, the governor pledged to "eliminate all rapists" in Texas, the local NBC affiliate KXAN reported.

"Let's make something very clear: Rape is a crime," Abbott said while signing a major GOP election-reform bill.  "And Texas will work tirelessly to make sure that we eliminate all rapists from the streets of Texas by aggressively going out and arresting them and prosecuting them and getting them off the streets."
"Rape is a crime," he says.  As of this date, anyway.  And of course, the prosecution doesn't come until AFTER the fact....
Or maybe he'll make all men walk around wearing 'chastity cages' like you sometimes see on BDSM fetish sites.
(... and can be ordered through Amazon.  As Yakov Smirnov used to say, "America — what a country!")

You gotta wonder whatinthehell those people in Texas government are using in place of brains.
-"BB"-

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:12 pm
.......Or maybe he'll make all men walk around wearing 'chastity cages' like you sometimes see on BDSM fetish sites.........
I haven't been to any of those "BDSM fetish sites".

Not that there's anything wrong with or weird about someone who does go there....

.... :mrgreen:

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Joe Guy wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:05 pm
Bicycle Bill wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:12 pm
.......Or maybe he'll make all men walk around wearing 'chastity cages' like you sometimes see on BDSM fetish sites.........
I haven't been to any of those "BDSM fetish sites".

Not that there's anything wrong with or weird about someone who does go there....

.... :mrgreen:
For edumacational purposes only, of course.   Image   
-"BB"-

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:06 pm
For edumacational purposes only, of course.

Of course. And don't worry. I'll keep this exchange of conversation confidential.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

According to the Saputo Law Firm's summary of Texas sexual assault laws, "In Texas, there is no law defining the word “rape” or an offense called rape. Under Texas law, if you are accused of rape, you would most likely be charged with Sexual Assault or Aggravated Sexual Assault. The Sexual Assault offense does not require intercourse or penetration, but instead can include only sexual contact."

Greg Abbott was a Texas Supreme Court Justice, so he probably knows this.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I don't see anything wrong with using "rapist" in common parlance to speak of forcible penetration, even when statutes no longer use it because they want to define sexual assault offences more broadly.

My question is, if Abbott really does have the ability to "eliminate all rapists from the streets" then why hasn't he tried to do so before now? Was it ok to leave rapists roaming the streets when women could not be prevented from aborting their spawn, as they now are?
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

So much bullshit. Most women aren’t raped by the scary stranger lurking in a dark alley - most women, and girls, are raped by fathers uncles grandpas brothers boyfriends dates friends and acquaintances. People who look just like Greg Abbott.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

liberty

Post by liberty »

You don’t mess with Texas; ask the Comanche. They, the Comanche, thought nothing of murdering and torturing men, women, and children. They raped girls and women as spoils of war. They aborted babies by taking the baby by the heel and smashing its head against a hard object. The Comanche thought nothing of this; the Texans disagreed, and the Comanche were animated. Who is the new Comanche now?
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

liberty wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:36 am
The Comanche thought nothing of this; the Texans disagreed, and the Comanche were animated.
They became cartoons?
Or are you trying to say that it's OK to do something abhorrent so long as someone else does it first?
-"BB"-

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I think he's arguing for retroactive abortion? :shrug

This Texas law is so wrong, IMO
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

liberty

Post by liberty »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:46 am
liberty wrote:
The Comanche thought nothing of this; the Texans disagreed, and the Comanche were animated.
They became cartoons?
Or are you trying to say that it's OK to do something abhorrent so long as someone else does it first?
-"BB"-
War is a bitch. The US army struck the final blow, and even some of the soldiers felt sorry for them. The army crushed them. The Comanches went from the lords of the plains to a joke in three days when the army rounded up and shot all of their horses. The Comanches had to walk to Oklahoma; in Comanche culture, only women walked.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

liberty wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:42 am
Bicycle Bill wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:46 am
liberty wrote:
They became cartoons?
War is a bitch. The US army struck the final blow, and even some of the soldiers felt sorry for them. The army crushed them. The Comanches went from the lords of the plains to a joke in three days when the army rounded up and shot all of their horses. The Comanches had to walk to Oklahoma; in Comanche culture, only women walked.
You're evading the question, asshole.
-"BB"-

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:54 am
liberty wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:42 am
You're evading the question, asshole.
Not only evading but making up stuff. "A joke in three days" = a war that went on for over a year. "The army rounded up and shot all of their horses" = the battle of Palo Duro, where a small segment of the Plains Indians were in camp and (indeed) lost over a thousand of their horses which (indeed) were shot to prevent recapture. Of more significance was the realization that destroying the buffalo = destroying the Plains Indians.

And of course the Comanche (and Kiowa) signed agreements to move to reservation in Oklahoma in both 1865 and 1867 but the government just couldn't get it together to make it happen - damn settlers! What is one to do? Smallpox and cholera had reduced tribes to 7,000 survivors or so before the final clearances began.

And what does any of this have to do with the matter at hand? Are you suggesting lib that pregnant women in Texas are the new Plains Indians and somehow "deserve" to be subjugated by tough white men?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

No, I'd bet it's more those "evil abortionists" and their "aiders" and abettors; the law (as I understand it) provides no recourse against the woman seeking the abortion, only against those performing it and/or helping the woman to get it. So they are like the Comanche which, Lib claims, "aborted babies". Readin Liberty's post, I think he is claiming that, just like the peope of Texas rose up against the evil Comanche "abortionists", they will use this law tot rise up against the modern day abortionists. :roll:

Even if that "abortion" allegation is true (and I really doubt that it is), I fail to see how such an attack can be termed an abortion. Indeed, I don't see the connection between a group forcibly attacking women and killing their offspring, and a law which tries to prevent women from controlling their own bodies and choosing their own medical procedures. It makes no sense.