Equality

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
Gob

Equality

Post by Gob »

If you want to end worries about trans players in sports, remove the gender criteria, that'd work, right?
Furious parents have hurled abuse from the stands as they watched an all-boys netball team trounce a girls team 46-12 in a state grand final - after they were controversially allowed into the competition by organisers.

The 46-12 victory by the Queensland Suns male team in the state's under-18 titles against the all-female Bond University Bull Sharks at Brisbane's Nissan Arena drew an angry response from some of the crowd who were appalled at the mismatch.

'The abuse ranged from comments made courtside deliberately within earshot of the Suns contingent, to adults making vulgar comments directly behind the team bench,' Suns head coach Tammy Holcroft told The Courier-Mail.

'It's disappointing that the frustration was directed at the players.'

Netball Queensland defended its decision to include the boys in the tournament, where they easily won their seven games on the way to the title, on the basis they had nowhere else to play due to the lower number of male players.

'This year in an effort to show case the talent in both female and male pathways we offered the QLD Suns Men's team the opportunity to play in the Nissan State Titles, having welcomed them in an invitational capacity last year,' it stated.

'We are hopeful this will be a catalyst for a stand alone men's competition in 2022.'

The organisation said senior netball teams the Queensland Firebirds and Sapphires regularly trained against male players.

The boys' team released its own statement in which it said it participated in the competition 'to highlight the possibilities for boys in the sport'.

'Queensland Suns acknowledges the perceptions of disadvantage or unfairness for the girls regional teams, however the purpose of the opportunity afforded to us was not to overshadow them, but to provide some much-needed exposure on a significant stage,' it said.

'We acknowledge this has caused controversy, but it in no way justifies the abuse, intimidation experienced by our players and officials.

'No athlete, in any sport, should be subjected to this behaviour for any reason.'
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Crackpot

Re: Equality

Post by Crackpot »

My sons school soccer teams are mixed and it seems to work out pretty well but then again they only go to 8th grade.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Hatch plays in a mixed soccer team too.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

But this wasn't a mixed team. It was an all-male team making a mockery of a tournament for females.

Which is, in a way, a good thing.  Do this a couple of more times and maybe these whining women will come to realize that in pretty much every athletic endeavor around, a skilled, competent male competing against equally skilled, competent females will kick ass and take names all the way to the top step of the podium.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:01 pm
  these whining women
Where are whining women? There is separate competition for men and women for obvious reasons that no one disputes. The problem is applying non-binary gender concepts to a completely inapt venue.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Remember Bobby Riggs. By the statistical rules of the tail and tale of the Bell curve, there will always be some individuals of any specific gender who can beat most any other individuals of other genders. I remember playing on all-male baseball teams where any and all the other players could hit better than I. I still had fun playing.

snailgate.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Bobby Riggs was useless. My wife's dachshund would have beaten him. If she had one.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:52 pm
Bobby Riggs was useless.
A small time hustler who got in over his head.

Gob

Post by Gob »

New UK Guidance on inclusivity in sports.

Although we cannot have a debate on it, as someone may not agree with Scooter. :lol: :lol: :lol:

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Brings an entirely new meaning to "pass the baton".
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

rubato

Post by rubato »

Long Run wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:15 pm
MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:52 pm
Bobby Riggs was useless.
A small time hustler who got in over his head.
He was a tennis champion on his own right "in his day". He won the Wimbledon singles, doubles and mixed doubles in one year (the only person ever to do so) and many other championships in amateur and professional tennis.

Billie Jean King was a friend an quite liked him as a person. He was something of a hustler but surely a big-time hustler since "the battle of the sexes" is the most famous tennis match of all time. He had just beaten Margaret Court (the women's #1 ranked player) recently as a 55 year old.

yrs,
rubato

rubato

Post by rubato »

If you let males compete against females because they are "trans" you really should just get rid of women's leagues altogether. It will make the Olympics a lot cheaper to stage.

Recreational leagues with mixed teams are a wholly different thing.

yrs,
rubato

Gob

Post by Gob »

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

rubato wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:28 am

He was a tennis champion on his own right "in his day". He won the Wimbledon singles, doubles and mixed doubles in one year (the only person ever to do so) and many other championships in amateur and professional tennis.

Billie Jean King was a friend an quite liked him as a person. He was something of a hustler but surely a big-time hustler since "the battle of the sexes" is the most famous tennis match of all time. He had just beaten Margaret Court (the women's #1 ranked player) recently as a 55 year old.
No doubt Riggs was a great player in his prime. But in his day and after his day, there was not much money in the sport. So he took to hustling bigger/stronger tennis players with his subtle (trash?) game. Even as old as he was when he took on BJK, he should have beaten her as he beat Margaret Court. While he was skilled enough at the hustle to get a match with BJK, when the event blew up and became a prime time, big time, event, he was not ready to perform under the bright lights and played a terrible match. BJK, in her prime, had her normal high-level focus and played up to her potential and easily won.

I just saw someone wearing retro Stan Smith tennis shoes. Stan was in his prime during the "Battle of the Sexes" and would have been kind to let BJK win a few points.

liberty

Post by liberty »

Who was the comedian who tried to start the inner gender ( is that the right term) wrestling movement? He played on the TV show Taxi. And he wasn't that good a wrestler; he almost lost some matches where his opponent was a woman. You know they should bring that back; some guy should declare himself the world champion inner gender wrestler and challenge all women to take him on. That might be amusing, don't you think, especially if the guy lost a match or two. When I say wrestling, I am talking about real wrestling, not that atomic pile crap.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

I don't know all that much about him, but I guess you're probably thinking of Andy Kaufman? "Performance artist" might be a better descriptor than "comedian".

Oh, and just from the context of your post I'm guessing the term you want is "inter-gender".

ETA:
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

rubato

Post by rubato »

Long Run wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:29 am
rubato wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:28 am
No doubt Riggs was a great player in his prime. But in his day and after his day, there was not much money in the sport. So he took to hustling bigger/stronger tennis players with his subtle (trash?) game. Even as old as he was when he took on BJK, he should have beaten her as he beat Margaret Court. While he was skilled enough at the hustle to get a match with BJK, when the event blew up and became a prime time, big time, event, he was not ready to perform under the bright lights and played a terrible match. BJK, in her prime, had her normal high-level focus and played up to her potential and easily won.

I just saw someone wearing retro Stan Smith tennis shoes. Stan was in his prime during the "Battle of the Sexes" and would have been kind to let BJK win a few points.
When you want to slander someone you call him a "hustler". Otherwise he is an entrepreneur.

Letting someone, a fellow professional athlete at the top of her game, win a few points is a gesture of disrespect and contempt.

yrs,
rubato