Bad review

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
Gob

Bad review

Post by Gob »

A grandmother says she was kicked out of a Georgia hotel by police in the middle of the night after she left a bad review online, forcing her and her six year-old granddaughter to walk to an nearby hotel in their pajamas.
'

Susan Leger, 63, was on the first of her three-night stay at the Baymont Inn & Suites in the mountain town of Helen, Georgia in September when she got a call from the hotel manager telling her she had to leave.

It came shortly after booking site Hotels.com asked her to leave a review post-check-in. Leger did, branding the property 'run down'. She also complained that her room's toilet did not flush properly and that the pool was closed.

'My granddaughter's like clinging to my leg and crying so hard. This was scary. This was just horrifying,' Leger told WXIA.

Police then showed up to remove her and her 6-year-old grandchild, writing in a report that management wanted her out because she 'had given the hotel a bad review.'

Leger first got a call from manager Danny Vyas at 8.40pm.

'The man is screaming at me. He was saying, "You get out now. I call the police,'" Leger said.

She says the manager told her: 'You get out … You lie, you lie. You gave me bad review.'

'And I'm just sitting there going, "Oh my gosh, is this a prank call?'" Leger said.

Leger first got a call from manager Danny Vyas at 8.40pm.

'The man is screaming at me. He was saying, "You get out now. I call the police,'" Leger said.

She says the manager told her: 'You get out … You lie, you lie. You gave me bad review.'

'And I'm just sitting there going, "Oh my gosh, is this a prank call?'" Leger said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... eview.html
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

BoSoxGal

Re: Bad review

Post by BoSoxGal »

I saw that story - that motel manager is mental. The police should not have assisted removing them, very bad use of police resources.

Hopefully she’s learned the lesson to wait until checkout to share her opinion about the next run down dirty motel room she finds herself in.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Johnny Foreigner eh? What else can one expect :lol:
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I don't know the laws of Georgia, but generally a motel owner cannot unilaterally evict a paying guest except under serious circumstances (causing a disturbance, using the motel room for illegal purposes, etc.), a bad review is not enough. Unless he lied to the police about the reason (and if he did he should be prosecuted), the police should not have been part of this at all. I'm pretty sure she doesn't want it, but, if she did, she could end up owning this little run down motel.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Big RR wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:56 pm
I'm pretty sure she doesn't want it, but, if she did, she could end up owning this little run down motel.
Eh, breach of contract case; what are the damages? Refund of payment plus difference of cost (if any) for the room at the other hotel? The manager of the Baymont Inn & Suites has already Streisand Effect-ed the property into oblivion.
GAH!

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

I've left a few bad reviews...but always AFTER checking out.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Sue U wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:36 pm
Big RR wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:56 pm
I'm pretty sure she doesn't want it, but, if she did, she could end up owning this little run down motel.
Eh, breach of contract case; what are the damages? Refund of payment plus difference of cost (if any) for the room at the other hotel? The manager of the Baymont Inn & Suites has already Streisand Effect-ed the property into oblivion.
Nah, intentional infliction of emotional harm in having the police come and parading her and her granddaughter in their pajamas in front of everyone (not even giving them a chance to get dressed). Worth a shot, even though the place isn't worth much