Rich Strike

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
BoSoxGal

Rich Strike

Post by BoSoxGal »

I haven’t watched the Derby or thoroughbred racing in general in many years - lots of reasons mostly concern for the welfare of the horses.

This aerial view video of Rich Strike’s win yesterday is going around and I wanted to make sure people saw it. Watching it gave me a throat lump and welling up of the eyes - what a heart that horse has! What a great jockey, too. Imagine being in the field because of a last minute scratch and taking the race at 80-1 odds. Sorry for all the folks who lost a bundle, but I hope some down on their luck betters somewhere cashed in big.

Way to go Rich Strike - thanks for giving some hope to the underdogs of the world!

https://youtu.be/gCk0P92uoXc
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Re: Rich Strike

Post by BoSoxGal »

Here’s the whole race plus extras for those who missed it like I did.

There is a moment when you can see Rich Strike turn his head and look at the field around him and then he surges up that inside like he has just determined that he will WIN THIS RACE no matter what.

He’s really some horse. I hope he wins the Crown.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

That was a cool ride through traffic. Of course, how any competitor does is based on two factors: how well they perform and how good the competition is. Pretty mediocre competition and time for a fast track made this improbable finish possible.