No laughing matters

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
MajGenl.Meade

No laughing matters

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Dave Chappelle criticised for making ‘transphobic jokes’ during surprise appearance at John Mulaney’s show
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 84943.html

I wonder what George Carlin or Lenny Bruce would say about it all?

I understand small children, wives, mothers-in-law, old people, parents, Germans, (yes that) Jesus, the French, politicians, pastors, rabbius, Iriahmen and too many other groups to name here, are all . . . . or perhaps not . . . forming pressure groups to stop comedy from happening. Ever again!

Granted Chappelle's an unpleasant operator but . . . I guess some find him amusing.

Really if one cant take the piss out of weirdos, what's left?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Re: No laughing matters

Post by Big RR »

I'm not sure who it was (possibly George Carlin), but I recall something from years ago saying the difference between conservatives and liberals is that liberals don't have a sense of humor--everything is a holy crusade to them. Not that I think that conservatives have all that great a sense of humor (but then if you wear horns when storming the capitol, they have to have some tendency to the humorous), but placing every sacred cow as something which cannot be lampooned is much more a hallmark of the left. It wasn't always this way for progressives (remember the National Lampoon?), but is seems to be getting less and less.