Men's suit fashion

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
Burning Petard

Men's suit fashion

Post by Burning Petard »

Clearly, I sit around thinking about distract6ions when I should be cleaning my living quarters, but. . .

Men's suits (matching coat and trousers) with white shirt maybe buttoned, maybe collar open, but no tie. I noticed many decades ago this was a common look among Israeli politicians, whether at work in their legislative chamber or talking in front of a microphone elsewhere. Did not see it elsewhere.

Now I see it everywhere, with men of financial substance but many professions, appearing in news media interviews.

Its this a long-term trend, away from the vestigial bib around the neck, that has sometimes been the only acceptable splash of color in a room full of men in nearly identical 'dark suits'?

snailgate

Big RR

Re: Men's suit fashion

Post by Big RR »

the other thing I have noted, of late, is that suits are generally worn 2-3 sizes to small, with sleeves up near the elbows and buttoning the jacket producing visible wrinkles. There is no break on the trousers which are usually cut mid ankle. Not sure why this change in style, but maybe the tie is dropped becasue the jacket is to tight that it will not fit inside?

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

And no socks.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Sandals and socks..
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

That's a classic "style"; I remember my grandfather wearing sandals with socks at the beach many (I won't say how many) years ago--it still looks just as stupid. I'll have to check the biblical paintings to see if older guys, like Nicodemus and Lazurus, wore socks with their sandals too. :D

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Ah you young people! I wear socks with sandals (but mostly only the closed sandals) because dammit my feet hurt without that extra cushion.

And dress shoes to take out the garbage - hey, no!
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I wear fleece socks with Birkenstocks and Tevas both. They are most often wild patterns that don’t even match my outfits and it looks great! Fight me.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Meade--what are closed sandals?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Big RR wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:07 am
Meade--what are closed sandals?
I think it means closed toe sandals.

The toe don't show... :)

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Yeah. Like this

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

OK; I was thinking crocs.