New Letters from the Alphabet Mafia

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
MajGenl.Meade

New Letters from the Alphabet Mafia

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

The Daily Fail (today): Wallabies are forced to wear a WHITE jersey in 'woke' World Rugby move
The Wallabies will have to wear a white jersey instead of their traditional green and gold kit in their last pool game against Portugal at the Rugby World Cup 2023, as part of a new policy to accommodate fans with colour-blindness.

And other national teams are going to be forced to follow, including New Zealand who will be forced to wear an alternative strip despite their All Blacks branding.

The World Rugby policy, which was expected to come into practice in 2025, aims to make the game more accessible for those with colour vision deficiency (CVD).
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... lacks.html

Or to put it the kinder, gentler Grauniad way (from 2021 edition): World Rugby to ban red-green kit clashes to help colour-blind fans
“As someone who experiences those challenges first hand, I am delighted that World Rugby is marking Colour Blind Awareness Day 2021 by launching comprehensive guidance for all levels of the game that place visually-impaired considerations at the heart of our decision-making.

“Through this guidance, we hope to raise awareness and change culture through positive actions that don’t just address some of the more obvious challenges such as kit colours, but consider the whole match-day experience whether that be wayfinding, digital signage, branding or ticketing"
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/ ... blind-fans
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Burning Petard

Re: New Letters from the Alphabet Mafia

Post by Burning Petard »

Any real data on this? Just what is the problem they are trying to fix? Are they fully informed that this new uniform will not be moe confusing to some of those "otherly-abled" people who see colors in a non-standard way? Is all color blindness identical? I am pretty sure there are many who do not just confuse red-green. And just which red and which green. Me, I have trouble with browns, beige, tan.

When are they conned something for old eyes like mine, who can never see the puck in ice hockey?

snailgate

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

True story.

I took a suit to the cleaner the other day. (OK it was maybe three or four years ago.)

"Is this black or blue?" asked the guy behind the counter in an Eastern European accent.

"I don't know - I'm color blind" responded Andy.

"So am I" said said counter guy.

We pawed the suit for a minute or two and held it up to the light and decided, between us, that it was black and he started to write the ticket accordingly.

Another customer entered the shop. All color blind guys know that it's the women who are to blame - they carry the gene which afflicts their sons, but are not color blind themselves. (Well OK they are sometimes.). We turned to her and simultaneously asked "What color is this suit?"

"Black" she said.

She is probably still telling the story about how two total strangers high fived each other when she answered a simple question.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

So, ex-kA, you're screwed when the All Blacks play the Proteas, right? Will the shirt changes make the Rugby Union World Cup more enjoyable?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts