crunchy, salty chickpeas -- don't do it.

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
Burning Petard

crunchy, salty chickpeas -- don't do it.

Post by Burning Petard »

I picked up a bag of chickpea snacks at Costco. Looked like something interesting. The product described it self as: The Good Bean bean protean snacks.
Our crunchy chickpeas are their perfect whole food snack, pack with mouth-watering flavor and amazing natural benefits. Enjoy straight out of the bag or sprinkle on yogurt, salads or soups for a protein and fiber boost. The ingredient list is chickpeas. sunflower oil, salt.

Tastes TERRIBLE. There is a little garden plot outside my apartment door. and a grassy plot. Neighbors put out peanuts for the squirrels. Rabbits and birds also forage there. I threw some out in the area and NOTHING will touch it.

I think it the rest of the bag is destined for a landfill.

snailgate.

Joe Guy

Re: crunchy, salty chickpeas -- don't do it.

Post by Joe Guy »

You're not supposed to enjoy eating them. You're supposed to feel good about eating something that's gluten-free, vegan, non-GMO, and Kosher.

Get with the program....

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Much better idea to roast your own at home. I’m told they are yummy and you can coat them in anything - like you would homemade popcorn - and reduce the salt a lot.

I haven’t tried this myself yet, but I am ratcheting up my consumption of chickpeas. I have quit pigs and cows entirely, nearly quit chickens and really focusing on plants foods more and more. I want to knock my doc’s socks off with my lipid panel results this year.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Probably taste better with garbanzo beans. 8-)