NFL Unveils the 'Doink Cam'

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

NFL Unveils the 'Doink Cam'

Post by Bicycle Bill »

If you watch the Super Bowl next weekend and happen to notice a couple of black squares on the uprights of the goal posts, don't worry ... they don't need painting.

These are the 'windows' for CBS's latest addition to their coverage package.  The network, with the blessing of the NFL, will be installing three cameras in each upright of the goalposts for the big game. Nicknamed the 'Doink' cams, they will provide — in CBS's words — 'a unique perspective of more than just field goals and extra points'.

Jason Cohen, CBS Sports’ vice president of Remote Technical Operations, also admitted that CBS wouldn’t mind seeing the place kickers from either team hit an upright on a field goal — as happened to the Chiefs' kicker Harrion Butker in last year's Super Bowl matchup against the Philadelphia Eagles.  “Obviously, if we get a doink, we’ll all be very excited and probably high-five each other in the truck,” Cohen said.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Big RR

Re: NFL Unveils the 'Doink Cam'

Post by Big RR »

Well since they're playing flag football i n the so-called "Pro Bowl", nothing the NFL does surprises me.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

CBS also announced that, should she be in attendance at the game, they will have one camera that will be focused exclusively on Taylor Swift.   This will be known among the crew as the 'ba-doink-a-doink' camera.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

They'd more likely call it the Travis Kelce boinkee camera.