Go tacky, get rejected...

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
Gob

Go tacky, get rejected...

Post by Gob »

This romantic had clearly put in a lot of effort to propose to his girlfriend.

He had picked out the ring, rehearsed a song, practised a touching speech and had even took his beloved back to the place where they met so he could pop the question.

But as he met her outside a fast food shop in a shopping mall, perhaps he should have guessed that getting down on bended knee in front of whooping shoppers might not strike quite the right note.

In a video posted by a bystander on YouTube the man startles his (possibly now ex) girlfriend by proposing to her in front of gleeful customers in the food court section of the fashion mall, named as Sherman Oaks Galleria in Los Angeles.

The dejected romantic declares to the girl - named as Caroline - just how much he loves her and why they must be together.

'We met one year ago right in front of this Cinnabon,' he begins.

'I was dizzy in your presence, Caroline.

'I love everything about you... I love how you curl up next to me on the sofa and purr like a kitten.

'Make me the most happiest and dizzy man in the world.'

He is joined by a guitarist, who accompanies him as he bursts into song, serenading the panicking girl with Neil Diamond's classic song 'Sweet Caroline'.

But despite his heartfelt sentiments and the ogling shoppers who shout at her to accept, 'Caroline', whose hands have been clamped over her mouth in shock since he started his proposal and murmuring 'Oh my God, what are you doing?' at him, looks around the centre and decides to dash out.

The young man is left heartbroken, surrounded by shocked shoppers who snap pictures of him and try to console the rejected Romeo with 'that was brutal' and 'it's alright, man, it's alright.'

Hopefully next time the young man will opt to propose in a slightly more secluded setting.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1MgLBJ2Tg

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

The Hen

Re: Go tacky, get rejected...

Post by The Hen »

Ouch.

That would hurt and hurt badly.

A proposal needs to hit the right notes and be done at the right time ... as you only too well know.
Bah!

Timster

Post by Timster »

Ouch~
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer-

rubato

Post by rubato »

Hmmm he might have just taken her by surprise and she's shy about being 'on stage' like that.

What's the followup story?

yrs,
rubato

dales

Post by dales »

I proposed to my ex outside a local gun range.

What was I thinking? :loon

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Especially considering she was likly armed. :P
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

@meric@nwom@n

Post by @meric@nwom@n »

Am I alone in thinking this looks completely contrived?

Gob

Post by Gob »

It made the "dead donkey" section of the morning news here.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

@meric@nwom@n wrote:Am I alone in thinking this looks completely contrived?
No.

When I posted my first response I hadn't seen the footage, just the description.

Now I have seen the footage, it did look like a net set up.
Bah!

Gob

Post by Gob »

Still, it could have gone worse...

Dressed in her wedding gown, a college student identified only as Miss Li climbed out on the window ledge of the building in Changchun city in northeast China.

According to local TV, the 22-year-old sobbed and swung her legs out the window for about an hour before police officers arrived.

Li said she could not live with the fact her fiancé had left her and married another woman just days before their wedding, local TV said.
http://photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20 ... cide-drama

loCAtek

Post by loCAtek »

Yeah, regarding the OP, guys gotta start ditching this 'sacrifice romance for showmanship' marriage proposal trend.

Take those dudes who propose at halftime sporting events; did you know that over 50% of them result in refusals? Lesson learned: 'taking for the team' does not include 'till death do us part'.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

dales wrote:I proposed to my ex outside a local gun range.

What was I thinking? :loon
She's your ex...so not the correct thing, apparantly. :(

dales

Post by dales »

People change.

I have two wonderful daughters which more than evens the score. :D

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

I proposed on Christmas Eve after her parents had gone to bed. Of course she goes and wakes them up and her father almost didn't give me permission to marry her as we had waken him up. He eventually did, I think just to take her off his hands. :nana