What we had for tea last night

Food, recipes, fashion, sport, education, exercise, sexuality, travel.
Gob

What we had for tea last night

Post by Gob »

Hen had a day off, and so decided to try to make something different for tea, she decided on this.

Who's a lucky boy then?
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Gob

Re: What we had for tea last night

Post by Gob »

Oh, and they turned out perfect, with runny yolks!
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Daisy

Post by Daisy »

They look delicious!!

Today I'll mostly be having spam, griddled and tossed in a nice salad.

I'm at the caravan until tomorrow and really don't fancy making a trip to the supermarket and leaving the dogs in the caravan in this heat.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Wow, looks fabulous, but a lot of work for a couple of eggs. (Oh those grapes are sour! Will have to try that recipe, thanks!)
GAH!

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

That looks lovely......
Today I'll mostly be having spam,
I couldn't let that one go.... 8-)

ImageImageImage

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

They don't look like any kind of tea I ever had. :shrug

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Yum, except, I'm not a huge fan of runny egg yolks.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

rubato

Post by rubato »

They don't look runny in the final product. Maybe it gets cooked again after its wrapped in that crepe-thing.

And if you don't like runny yolks how can you have quail egg on Ikura sushi? Hmmm?

can't work.

Besides I think its cooking the yolk through that give you those satanic brimstone farts afterwards. Have you ever noticed that?* Ask your swede-friend if he's noticed it.

yrs,
rubato

The sulfur comes from the disulfide bonds which link different strands of protein together. like zo R-S-S-R. Where "R" means "any goddamn thing" in chemistry. its like a variable. Exactly like a variable. Except it refers to elements or molecules instead of numbers.

dales

Post by dales »

R

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Gob

Post by Gob »

The yolks were BEAUTIFULLY runny, warm, moist, and full of flavour, complimented the pasta shell wonderfully. The asparagus and roast pumpkin base contrasted and provided more "bite".

The left over whites were made into pavlova for dessert.

So good we had them again last night. :D

Hen roped me in when making the pasta this time, great fun. We knocked out a batch of Fettuccine too.

rubato

Post by rubato »

So it didn't give you brimestone farts like hard yolks do? Well thats good.

yrs,
rubato

Rick

Post by Rick »

By removing the Albumen they took the Sulphur out of the picture (from what I have read)...
Sometimes it seems as though one has to cross the line just to figger out where it is

rubato

Post by rubato »

Rick wrote:By removing the Albumen they took the Sulphur out of the picture (from what I have read)...
Ahh it's not how it LOOKS that's the problem here. That's an entirely different sense. I've known people who, after eating hard-cooked eggs, could strip the chrome off a bumper with their effluence.*

yrs,
rubato

*People who quit smoking can do the same thing. I've a co-worker who, we're all hoping, will either give up trying or succeed REAL soon. Wheweeee! even in a well-ventilated cleanroom he's a menace to society!

dales

Post by dales »

Rick wrote:By removing the Albumen they took the Sulphur out of the picture (from what I have read)...
No farts on fire..............bummer.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

The defining characteristic of the effluent is free time ;)
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

:funee:

Gob

Post by Gob »

Soup day at work today, and it's my turn. Every Weds during the winter, all the staff take it in turns to bring in a soup and bread for lunch. (Some actually buy the soup, most buy in the bread!) Today I am making pear and parsnip soup, with walnut bread. Just got my yeast rising. I'm lucky as my shift doesn't start until 12.30 pm, so I can cook everything from fresh in the morning.

dales

Post by dales »

Hot water soup never fails to elicit a response.

yrs,
rubato

Gob

Post by Gob »

I just caused a major foodgasm for the girls in the office. :D

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

I make a great cream of roasted parsnip soup. But not now, that's winter food!

A walnut bread with yeast? Sounds yummy -- I'd ask for the recipe but all those metric measurements make me nuts 8-)
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké