Fall back (time change tonight)

All things philosophical, related to belief and / or religions of any and all sorts.
Personal philosophy welcomed.
Scooter

Re: Fall back (time change tonight)

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

30BE2FF8-4AD3-4903-BC55-DB53452B26F6.jpeg
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:46 pm
-"BB"-
ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:23 am
The cats aren’t buying this palaver which is why I’m writing this at 6:03 AM. They get fed at 7 and if I’m late they find some plastic to chew on noisily or knock stuff off the bedroom chest of drawers. Or "accidentally" jump on my goolies which usually works. I’ve explained to them about the tilt of the earth’s axis and why the farmers like to milk the cows in daylight but they really don’t give a shit about the farmers. They can’t read the time of course - so I have to tell them to wait until the big hand is on twelve and the little hand is on the seven. None of this works. This always takes a week or two, a few minutes at a time.
THIS.

As difficult as it may be to reset Stonehenge, it's infinitely more difficult to reset a cat!
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

We arrived at church at 8 a.m. (new service time) yesterday only to find everyone leaving. Not the rapture though :lol: Margaretta's cell phone, somewhat of a mystery to her, was set on Eastern Time Zone and of course had duly "fallen back" just like all your poor benighted back-homer phones.

We laughed
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:27 pm
30BE2FF8-4AD3-4903-BC55-DB53452B26F6.jpeg
BSG has always threatened to put me on 'ignore' ... just what actually does that do when a post from someone on 'ignore' shows up in a thread?   Does it prevent anything at all, even an acknowledgement along the lines of "this post is from someone on your ignore list and will not be displayed unless you click to reveal it", from showing up?   I'm assuming that's the case, because otherwise BSG would have seen that I posted this exact same thing when I resurrected this thread about a day and a half earlier.

Oh well.   It's her loss, because sometimes I DO have something worthwhile to say, even from her skewed perspective — although in this case, it just makes her look that much more foolish.   Or maybe she's just trying to pad her post count numbers, trying to move ahead of Scooter and Meade in the chase for the "most prolific poster" title.... ?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:47 am
... just what actually does that do when a post from someone on 'ignore' shows up in a thread?   
Something like this:
abcdefghijk who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post
So, it's a choice to display it or not. I have Scooter on ignore but only to avoid seeing his avatar every time I open a thread. I always read his posts. He has me on ignore and I doubt he clicks to display. No biggie.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts