Let Me Be The First...

All things philosophical, related to belief and / or religions of any and all sorts.
Personal philosophy welcomed.
RayThom

Let Me Be The First...

Post by RayThom »

... to wish you the happiest of Strove Tuesday's -- ever.

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Joe Guy

Re: Let Me Be The First...

Post by Joe Guy »

I strove to avoid writing shrove but I couldn't resist the temptation. Tomorrow I'll probably feel like an ash.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Never mind Joe - in 40 days you'll feel good.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Every year it seems like I have barely gotten the Christmas decorations put away when the Easter baskets start showing up in the stores... :?
Last edited by Lord Jim on Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

RayThom

Let Me Be The First...

Post by RayThom »

'Shrove' Tuesday... yeah, that, too.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Lord Jim wrote:Every year it seems like I have barely gotten the Christmas decorations put away when the Easter baskets start showing up in the stores... :?
You're pretty fast in putting them away--usually I see the baskets and chocolates by Dec 27th.

Roy

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Another name for today is "Mardi Gras" -- Fat Tuesday.

And an interesting bit of trivia....  It all ends at midnight.  No matter what goes on during the carnival season and specifically on Mardi Gras day itself on Bourbon Street, it all ends exactly at midnight.  At the stroke of midnight, Lent starts and the party ends.  Mounted police leading a parade of large street cleaners clear Bourbon Street.  So, it's best to be off the street before midnight.  Many newcomers to Mardi Gras either don't know this or don't think they mean it and get caught up in the fray.  Believe it, the party ends at midnight.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?