The Real Face Of Jesus... Revisited

All things philosophical, related to belief and / or religions of any and all sorts.
Personal philosophy welcomed.
RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Take that Jim Caviezel and Willem Dafoe.

Being raised catholic, I grew up associating a face like this with Judas rather than our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, but forensic evidences proves otherwise.

Galloway points out that some artists pay more attention to the subtle differences in such details as the distance between the bottom of the nose and the mouth. And the most recognizable features of the face—the folds of the eyes, structure of the nose and shape of the mouth—are left to the artist. "In some cases the resemblance between the reconstruction and the actual individual can be uncanny," says Galloway. "But in others there may be more resemblance with the other work of the same artist." Despite this reservation, she reaches one conclusion that is inescapable to almost everyone who has ever seen Neave's Jesus. "This is probably a lot closer to the truth than the work of many great masters."
Advances in forensic science reveal the most famous face in history.
https://www.popularmechanics.com/scienc ... 300&src=nl
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

Joe Guy

Re: The Real Face Of Jesus... Revisited

Post by Joe Guy »

Jesus might not have been blond haired and blue eyed but least he spoke English.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I was just looking at the cover of volume 15 of the Anchor Bible. The jacket has a detail from an, engraving by Wilm Blake for his printing of the book of Job. Job has a clear appearance, to me of the face of an black African.

snailgate

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Looks as if that little old Spanish lady got it pretty right.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I think there is a tendency to create God in our own image.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

TPFKA@W wrote:I think there is a tendency to create God in our own image.
True — oh, so very true.

I suggest that anyone else who can't accept this fact should find and read "The Fire Balloons", a short sci-fi work contained in the Ray Bradbury anthology "The Illustrated Man".  Here's a link — "The Fire Balloons" — to an online file of the story.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.”