Did he want fries with that?

All things philosophical, related to belief and / or religions of any and all sorts.
Personal philosophy welcomed.
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Church Leader Caught Trying to Pay for Gay Sex with Arby’s Gift Card

A Missouri church leader is in trouble with the law for attempting to solicit gay sex from the gay dating and hookup app Grindr in exchange for, among other things, an Arby’s gift card.

57-year-old Barry Cole Poyner of Kirksville, Missouri was just taking an innocent break from his duties as an elder at Church of Christ and a professor at Truman State University by perusing Grindr under the name DILF (the acronym for “Dad I’d Like to F*ck) and attempting to get young, supple college boys to become gay prostitutes and pleasure him in exchange for what has got to be the equivalent of like forty dollars.

Oh, what? So that’s a crime now?

Very much yes, according to the Kirksville Police Department. After receiving a tip about a professor harassing students on Grindr from a student who recognized ole “DILF” Poyner on the app, the Truman State University Police Department turned the information over to Kirksville PD, who then set up an undercover Grindr profile. That profile was soon contacted by Poyner, who said that he “would love to have a sugar daddy relationship.” Poyner then provided his sugar daddy credentials by assuring the police profile that in his previous relationships with men he was a good daddy, providing gift cards, clothes, and gas.

On December 3rd Poyner contacted the profile and offered to fill up the tragically fictional potential sugar baby’s gas tank in exchange for sexual favors. Poyner, being the silly flirt that he is, added, “might throw in an Arby’s card LOL.”

When Poyner showed up to the gas station the two arranged to meet at he was approached by police and fled. Poyner was pulled over a few blocks away and insisted he “was not doing anything with a minor.” (Which he was not.) Poyner also insisted to officers that offering a couple gallons of gas for sex was not the same as offering money. The police disagreed and slapped Poyner with a misdemeanor prostitution charge.

Imagine doing something you thought betrayed Jesus and, instead of getting paid 30 pieces of silver for it, you tried to pay someone else with roast beef and curly fries. Oof.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Darren

Re: Did he want fries with that?

Post by Darren »

I haven't found a cult I wanted to join. The religious clubs and their histories doesn't hold up under close inspection. Poyner must have thought he had a special dispensation. The cops disagreed. Good for them
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

RayThom

Post by RayThom »

Arby's: They have the meats.

“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

57-year-old Barry Cole Poyner of Kirksville, Missouri was just taking an innocent break from his duties as an elder at Church of Christ and a professor at Truman State University by perusing Grindr under the name DILF
I don't think being an elder of a Church of Christ is a paid position. I know two men who are C of C elders, and I'm sure they serve without pay.

What he did is probably a misdemeanor. That being the case, why are his jobs, one of which is strictly voluntary, mentioned?
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Because people in positions of leadership in religious traditions that are obsessed with opposing "sexual deviation", as they put it, deserve to be hoisted on their own petard when their secret sexual kinks are brought to light.

-- Author unknown

Darren

Post by Darren »

Scooter wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 12:07 am
Because people in positions of leadership in religious traditions that are obsessed with opposing "sexual deviation", as they put it, deserve to be hoisted on their own petard when their secret sexual kinks are brought to light.
If you dig into some of the cults there's a hypocrisy that's obvious. Somewhere I have a family tree of religions. You have to wonder why so many off shoots developed if the original message was true.

Someone charismatic comes along with a new twist, gathers a group of believers and away they go. Later on someone or many branch off from there.

The one I delved into briefly had a founder who took one Buddhist technique and made it the centerpiece of the practice and claimed it was unique to them. The hypocrisy in that case was the existence of another cult with the exact same practice which was unknown to most of the members. That was a closely held secret among the few that knew.

When you see someone that's a member of a cult it may be innocuous. Or is there some other reason to assume the trappings of cult membership? IMO it verges on extreme behavior. I'm not surprised when the light of truth shines brightly and exposes perverts or charlatans. I have no doubt it's the tip of the iceberg.
Thank you RBG wherever you are!

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

scooter--I'm not familiar with the Church of Christ and its beliefs, but a quick wiki check shows it to be fairly conservative, so it may well oppose "sexual deviation", but clearly not all churches (christian or otherwise) define it in the same way. I do think most would rise to defend children from pedophiles, and to protect the weak in uneven relationships, but "deviations" such as homosexual relationships among adults are not universally condemned; my own church has a welcome and affirming position which welcomes membership/worshippers from the LGBTQ community, and reaches out to them. We were among one of the first churches in the area to perform same sex marriages once it became legal, and we provided similar services without the legality of marriage well before that. I see no problem with hoisting hypocrites on their own petards, but let's not tar all religions with the same brush; some of us are religious not because we want to smugly elevate ourselves over others who we choose to condemn, but because we want to work together with and help all.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I'm not tarring all religions with the same brush; I am specifically targeting someone holding a leadership position in a denomination that is on the record as condemning same-sex relationships based on its interpretation of Leviticus 18:22 and, presumably, other similarly cherry picked texts.

-- Author unknown

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

OK, I presume you know more about the COC than I do. Sorry.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Scooter knows more about the cock than any of us...
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I think that TPFKA@W has probably seen more cock than I have, given her profession, but I likely have more, er, hands on experience.

-- Author unknown

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Scooter wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 3:59 pm
I think that TPFKA@W has probably seen more cock than I have, given her profession
I really had to read that two or three times to understand what you meant there, Scooter.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Scooter wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 3:59 pm
I think that TPFKA@W has probably seen more cock than I have, given her profession, but I likely have more, er, hands on experience.

Yeah and my experience with men’s buttholes is more clinical.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

It's always interesting to read the terminology for body parts used by people in the medical field such as @W. I learn and use those technical terms to impress people if I can find a way to use them in a conversation.

For example, now, if somebody brings up the subject of colonoscopies at a party, I'll sound very knowledgeable when I say something like, "Oh yeah, I know all about those. That's a procedure in which a doctor inserts a camera into your butthole.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Well Joe it is important that medical personnel not use complicated jargon when there are simpler and more relatable ways to communicate. So when I say that you are being an annoying pain in the ass I am keeping the terminology as simple as possible so ther is no doubt as to my meaning.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:58 am
Well Joe it is important that medical personnel not use complicated jargon when there are simpler and more relatable ways to communicate. So when I say that you are being an annoying pain in the ass I am keeping the terminology as simple as possible so ther is no doubt as to my meaning.
Are you telling me that I'm causing an unpleasant sensation in the buttocks region of your anatomy?

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Joe Guy wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 4:05 am
TPFKA@W wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:58 am
Are you telling me that I'm causing an unpleasant sensation in the buttocks region of your anatomy?

As if there was any doubt.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I’ve suspected that I might annoy you at times but you’re always so polite to me that it’s difficult to tell. From now on I’ll try to pay more attention to the subtle hints you are probably dropping that l must be overlooking.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Scooter wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 9:58 pm
in exchange for, among other things, an Arby’s gift card.
"No. Aliens exist, I just don't think they came millions of light years
just to see earth. Be like driving 1000 miles to go to an Arby's."
Sh*t my dad says.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Pretty insightful, actually. It speaks to humanity's exaggerated sense of its own importance in the universe.

-- Author unknown