Cancelled cancel culture

All things philosophical, related to belief and / or religions of any and all sorts.
Personal philosophy welcomed.
MajGenl.Meade

Re: Cancelled cancel culture

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I plead guilty to having a good deal of contempt for liars and mind-control freaks. I fight against it but you know . . .

And if you want to discuss, that was Jesus' command to his disciples (followers) to love each other. I quoted him (correctly) on the first and greatest commandment and the one "like" it - which is love your neighbor as yourself. There he means regardless of whether they are his followers or not. (See, he did that clever thing with a Samaritan and a Jew on purpose because they each believed the other was not a follower of THEIR religion).

Read my messages again without your sententious prejudices and you'll see no contempt for "trans" people whatsoever. To the contrary. And binary people are not "trans" people - they are not in transition from one gender to another. That's why they refer to themselves as "binary".

And why are you dropping the charge of racist? Could it be because I regularly post against racism - the last such was graced by you calling me an asshole, wasn't it?

:roll:
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Meade, you are full of Bible passages and empty of essential Christian decency. That’s my call. You post this and that by which you pretend to be righteous, and then turn around and mock BLM and women and trans or non-binary people in other posts that are ‘just jokes’. I’ve noticed it more and more in recent months and it’s disgusted me. It’s exactly why you were excised from my off-board circle. I regret ever thinking better of you because your hypocrisy has been made very clear to me recently. There is simply no decent reason to refuse to use the language and terminology to discuss and engage with non-binary people that THEY prefer, and your insistence in bleating and bleating and bleating your twisted defense for that nasty, mean intolerance just proves with each new post what a fucking hypocrite you are. Heart full of love? Bull. Fucking. Shit.

Oh, and this new horseshit of accusing someone who doesn’t agree with you, and even holds your viewpoint in contempt, of mental issues requiring ‘help’? That’s some next level cocksucker motherfucker wanker twat cunt bullshit, Meade. What a prick, truly. What a fucking joke, your ‘Christianity’.

And YES, I use vulgar language because it offends you. FUCK YOU, motherfucking intolerant cunt.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

So, Jesus, Meade and BSG walk into a bar. Jesus says, "Bartender, drinks are on me for everyone here who believes in me". Meade says, "Thank you Jesus".

BSG asks, "Hey Jesus! How come you'll buy a drink for a hypocritical motherfucking intolerant cunt but you won't buy one for me?"

Jesus says, "Bartender, give that lady a vinegar and water."

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Meade is driving slowly, in his car with a bumper sticker that says "Honk if you love Jesus." BSG is impatiently stuck behind and trying to figure out the conundrum. Then she remembers the lessons from Plan B and starts virtue signaling with her middle fingers, or I think that's what the kids call it these days.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:08 pm
I’m not going to be polite to assholes, sorry. Not sorry. Fuck off.
If a trans person is an asshole, can I use the "wrong" pronoun?
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Econoline wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:55 pm
BoSoxGal wrote:
Yes, it’s all a big fucking joke.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I guess I'm off Karen's Christmas card list. :(
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:04 pm
Econoline wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:55 pm
BoSoxGal wrote:
Yes, it’s all a big fucking joke.
Fortunately, the only personal acquaintance I have who is transgender is NOT an asshole. (He was a he named Derek; now she's a she named Meia.) Fortunately, she also doesn't want to be referred to as "they", and I'm happy to refer to her as "she"...and no, Meade, I have made no effort to investigate whether she has had any of her body parts surgically removed.

I respect people's choices, but I also respect the English language. Which is why I also won't be using zie, sie, ey, ve, tey, e, zim, sie, em, ver, ter, em, zir, hir, eir, vis, tem, eir, zis, hirs, eirs, vers, ters, eirs, zieself, hirself, eirself, verself, terself, or emself. As Meade has pointed out, there are ways of avoiding the use of third-person pronouns; I don't see why simply AVOIDING the use of the pronouns that a person does NOT want used isn't a perfectly acceptable solution.

P.S. I'm 73 years old and I doubt whether I'll live past 80, so y'all can do whatever you like once I'm gone and I won't complain at all.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God