Sometimes a picture really is worth a thousand words

All things philosophical, related to belief and / or religions of any and all sorts.
Personal philosophy welcomed.
Scooter

Sometimes a picture really is worth a thousand words

Post by Scooter »

Well, a picture plus a few words, anyway.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Burning Petard

Re: Sometimes a picture really is worth a thousand words

Post by Burning Petard »

Scooter, can you give a source for this picture? I would like to share it with other 'Christian Voters' and do it with proper recognition of the artist.

snailgate

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

It is a good one.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I saw a credit for a David W Sanders on Twitter (to which I don't belong). And another gave credit as "via Tim Troxler on Facebook"

I kinda like the cartoon but once again am not thrilled at the blanket condemnation of "Christian Voters"

My wife and I are both Christians and we know many others who, like us, voted for Biden and argued with Trumpanzees using the very arguments that inform this cartoon. The wooden carrot re abortion blinded so many (yes) people who claim the name of Christ to the utter evil of Trump and his lackeys. But I doubt the majority of Christians voted for him. Right Big RR? CP?

Despite believing myself to be an evangelical Christian, I'd feel better if the ass (oh sorry, horse) was identified as Evangelicals.

I could be wrong
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I don't know. It traces back to a Facebook post from two years ago, and in the comments someone claims to have determined that the artist is David Michael Slater by linking to his Pinterest page, but that's just a collection of Bizarro comics he has saved, so that doesn't make sense. I've tried doing a search on editorial cartoonists with the initials DMS and come up with nothing.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I can’t find it either, and I don’t think it’s the David W. Sanders referenced by someone because his other work is very different and he signs his other work David Sanders, not ~dms (which isn’t even the right middle initial).

Mysterious!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

PMS Princess

Post by PMS Princess »

The only thing I found was by reverse google the photo and https://news.yahoo.com/trump-has-sparke ... 35258.html

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Can anybody tell me what is written on what appears to be a bundle of dynamite sticks and the axe on the side of the wagon?  I can't enlarge the image without the text getting too blurry to read.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

"Food stamp cuts"
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:40 pm
"Food stamp cuts"
Got it.  And the bundle of dynamite sticks reads "fracking".
Did a little digging and found a better (sharper) image elsewhere.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?