Things we won't say about race

All things philosophical, related to belief and / or religions of any and all sorts.
Personal philosophy welcomed.
Gob

Things we won't say about race

Post by Gob »

Interesting documentary from Trevor Phillips.

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

TPFKA@W

Re: Things we won't say about race

Post by TPFKA@W »

:ok :clap:

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

And hey, if we get a black guy to do it, we can't be accused of trying to shade the narrative. (pun intended)
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Scooter wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:42 am
And hey, if we get a black guy to do it, we can't be accused of trying to shade the narrative. (pun intended)
I didn't see a gun held to his head.

liberty

Post by liberty »

Are Black people only allowed to have certain options? Is there such a thing as a black-white person?
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Funny how being appointed as chairman of the Equality and Human Rights Commission by Bliar turned his views on race and discrimination around. I suppose we're entitled to call him a "coconut" now.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

It's the dishonest way he uses to frame his arguments that I took issue with.

For example, when talking about crime, he begins with the politically correct line about higher crime rates in black communities being a function of poverty, lower education levels, lack of opportunity, etc. that are rooted in discrimination. Then comes the big BUT, when he zeroes in on homicides and says that, because 75% of black homicide victims are killed by blacks, none of that can be attributed to discrimination. As if that completely negates all of the factors that just came out of his mouth, and as if anyone has ever argued that all black victims of homicide were being racially targeted by whites.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown