This happens to me all the time . . .

All things philosophical, related to belief and / or religions of any and all sorts.
Personal philosophy welcomed.
ex-khobar Andy

This happens to me all the time . . .

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

The pastor of a mega church in Chattanooga was surprised when some parishioners called around and found him in his boxers along with one of his workers who was wearing only a towel. Apparently they had been making chili when it splashed on them and they had to disrobe in order to wash their clothes. I just hate when that happens.

Pastor Smith will be spending some time with God. Word of advice to God: if he's making chili again, stand well back.

Sue U

Re: This happens to me all the time . . .

Post by Sue U »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:37 pm
Apparently they had been making chili when it splashed on them and they had to disrobe in order to wash their clothes. I just hate when that happens.
Worse, while their clothes were washing, she slipped and fell, landing right on the pastor's penis! How embarrassing for both of them!
GAH!

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

It’s crazy how often errant penises fall into innocent vaginas - you’d almost think they were made to do that. 8-)
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Best quote in the Mail article. The parishioners didn't fall for the chili story because

'I don't think none of us was that dumb'

leaving open the question . . .
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

I just made a white bean and chicken chili, and I can tell you that if you aren't careful with the chipotle pepper you can end up with a road to Damascus religious experience.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

It sounds like you may have had a sudden insight that made you radically change your briefs.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Is that the burning bush thing? I know you can get the ring of fire with a well-made chili, and I suppose that's in the neighborhood.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:38 pm
Is that the burning bush thing? I know you can get the ring of fire with a well-made chili, and I suppose that's in the neighborhood.
Inasmuch as femina pubis pilia in humans seems to have become a rarity, I think the 'burning bush' explanation is hair-brained at best.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?