God Didn't Say That

All things philosophical, related to belief and / or religions of any and all sorts.
Personal philosophy welcomed.
Gob

Re: God Didn't Say That

Post by Gob »

Big RR wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:21 pm
I agree with BP; if humans have free will, they will always have the propensity to interpret, or misinterpret, any message, whether deliberately or unconsciously.

They may do, but an omnipotent being should be able to get his / her / it's message across without the possibility of human reinterpretation.

I'm an omnipotent being, for some strange reason, known only to myself I don't want people having bum sex. So I write it across the sky in words of fire, which, no matter what language or dialect you speak reads;

"I don't want you to have bum sex, no entry into heaven if you indulge",

or the like.

Simple,.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

You severely underestimate the ability of humans to self delude.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Or for that matter, to reject the things they don't like. I would imagine people would ignore or even rebel against such a directive ("screw your heaven, I wouldn't want to go there if you can't do that")--free will inevitably leads to that.