P J O'Rourke RIP. I miss him already

All things philosophical, related to belief and / or religions of any and all sorts.
Personal philosophy welcomed.
MajGenl.Meade

P J O'Rourke RIP. I miss him already

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

"Those of us who are native Republicans feel the same way about Donald Trump as native Scots feel about Fat Bastard in the Austin Powers movies..."

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-34199866
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: P J O'Rourke RIP. I miss him already

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I remember him from his 'National Lampoon' days and some of the outrageous stuff he wrote there (like this one).   I'm sure it was meant as satire, but back in those days, and with the bunch that was on the Lampoon's masthead at that time, you couldn't really be sure.

Glad to see that his legacy ended up covering far more than that.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

He is the only writer who ever made me think about voting Republican. (I quickly took a nap until the urge went away)

snailgate

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I heard a short tribute to him on the NPR radio program "Wait,Wait; Don't Tell ME" yesterday. PJ O'Rourke announced when a panelist on that program that he was voting for Hillary Clinton, rather than Trump. "Hillary Clinton is WRONG on everything. But she is wrong within normal parameters."

snailgate