Bat Mitzvah to remember

All things philosophical, related to belief and / or religions of any and all sorts.
Personal philosophy welcomed.
Gob

Bat Mitzvah to remember

Post by Gob »

A couple accidentally showed themselves having sex while attending a bat mitzvah on Zoom after forgetting to join the virtual ceremony with their audio only.

The middle aged pair were filmed fondling and pleasuring one another while virtually attending the service at the Temple Beth El in Minneapolis on May 14, the New York Post reported.

And shocked onlookers said the randy pair engaged in an extended sex session, which only ended when they finally spotted a private chat begging them to stop.

'It went on for about 45 minutes,' said one person who witnessed the couple hitting it on during the virtual religious service.

'She was walking around naked, she got dressed, she's in and out of the Zoom, he was in the bed, he whipped it out, she started going to work. Someone on the Zoom saw and called her and was like, ''WTF are you doing? You're on camera.'' She freaked out.'

'It was a Zoom for a bat mitzvah,' the person further said. 'Most people were not on camera except like, the old bubbes… who don't know how to turn off their camera, and these two people. So the boxes were pretty big and everyone could see who was on camera.'

There's no suggestion the pair are exhibitionists who deliberately broadcast themselves having sex to shock onlookers as part of a pandemic-era trend known as Zoom-bombing.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Burning Petard

Re: Bat Mitzvah to remember

Post by Burning Petard »

And why did the host not end their zoom connection?

snailgate.

Gob

Post by Gob »

And spoil all the fun?
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Misplaced hora?

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Let me just say that in our faith tradition, sex has always been highly encouraged on Shabbat as one of the activities that make the day special, setting it apart for rest and renewal. Those watching on the Zoom machine might well consider the Talmud's story of Rav Kahana and the dictate "תורה היא, וללמוד אני צריך" ("This is Torah, and I must learn").
GAH!

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Sue U wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 4:24 pm
Let me just say that in our faith tradition, sex has always been highly encouraged on Shabbat as one of the activities that make the day special, setting it apart for rest and renewal. Those watching on the Zoom machine might well consider the Talmud's story of Rav Kahana and the dictate "תורה היא, וללמוד אני צריך" ("This is Torah, and I must learn").
I was raised in a Baptist environment. Their thoughts on sex make me wonder how there continues to be Baptists. Catholics get all the fun, with their beer tents, bingo halls, and conscience clearing confessions while Baptists get vacation Bible school and popup revivals. And NOW you tell me Jews get to have sex. (Which makes me wonder why they are such a tiny minority in the world.)

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:02 pm
I was raised in a Baptist environment. Their thoughts on sex make me wonder how there continues to be Baptists. Catholics get all the fun, with their beer tents, bingo halls, and conscience clearing confessions while Baptists get vacation Bible school and popup revivals. And NOW you tell me Jews get to have sex.
Not only "get to," but sex on Shabbat is considered a "double mitzvah," so we're supposed to! And it doesn't even have to be for procreation, as the primary purpose is to strengthen the bond between mates. And this is how we "call the sabbath a delight" (Isaiah 58:13).
TPFKA@W wrote:
(Which makes me wonder why they are such a tiny minority in the world.)
Well, there would be a lot more of us, but there was a spot of trouble 80 years ago in which about a third of our population was murdered.
Last edited by Sue U on Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
GAH!

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Sue U wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:37 am
TPFKA@W wrote:
:shock:

Well, there would be a lot more of us, but there was a spot of trouble 80 years ago in which about a third of our population was murdered.
Never too late to learn, I guess.
How Many Jews Would There Be if Not for the Holocaust? - Haaretz.com

Apr. 19, 2009

If not for the Holocaust, there would be as many as 32 million Jews worldwide, instead of the current 13 million, demographer Professor Sergio Della Pergola has written in a soon-to-be published article.

Della Pergola, who holds the Shlomo Argov chair in Israel-Diaspora relations and is the director of the Division of Jewish Demography and Statistics at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, attempts to estimate the demographic damage to Jews of the Holocaust. The Holocaust 'struck a mortal blow particularly at the Jews of Eastern Europe because of their especially young age structure,' and particularly the number of children. This led to significant long-term demographic damage. The quantitative ramifications are far beyond what we think," he writes.

In the article, to be published in "Beshvil Hazikaron," the periodical of the Yad Vashem Holocaust commemoration authority's school of Holocaust studies, he writes: This was the destruction of a generation, and what we are lacking now is not only that generation, it is their children and their children.

According to Della Pergola, while the birth rate of the Jewish population outside Israel is relatively low, the young Jewish population of Eastern Europe has great potential for growth. "What would happen if there were another 10 million Jews in Eastern Europe? It raises questions that are like science fiction - for example, would the State of Israel have come into being?

Della Pergola says another demographic outcome of the Holocaust is the lower relative number of Jews in the world. "At present, the percentage of Jews in the world is constantly in decline. Before the Holocaust, the rate was eight Jews per thousand people in the world; today it is two per thousand.

Della Pergola also notes in the article that various estimates put the number of Jews killed in the Holocaust at between 5.6 and 5.9 million, and that part of the problem in pinpointing the numbers lies in the question of 'who is a Jew', he writes, since some of those killed converted to Christianity before the Holocaust or were part-Jewish.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Sue U wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:37 am
TPFKA@W wrote:
I was raised in a Baptist environment. Their thoughts on sex make me wonder how there continues to be Baptists. Catholics get all the fun, with their beer tents, bingo halls, and conscience clearing confessions while Baptists get vacation Bible school and popup revivals. And NOW you tell me Jews get to have sex.
Not only "get to," but sex on Shabbat is considered a "double mitzvah," so we're supposed to! And it doesn't even have to be for procreation, as the primary purpose is to strengthen the bond between mates. And this is how we "call the sabbath a delight" (Isaiah 58:13).
TPFKA@W wrote:

I know about the"spot of trouble". Still accounting for that Jews have not picked up the reproductive gauntlet and run with it. Get cracking, there are babies to be made.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:10 am
Get cracking, there are babies to be made.
I did my part! Tell it to my kids! (They're still a little young; I do encourage them, but they're all like "school" and "career" and "find the right mate.' Sheesh.)
GAH!

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Sue U wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:36 am

I did my part! Tell it to my kids! (They're still a little young; I do encourage them, but they're all like "school" and "career" and "find the right mate.' Sheesh.)
You can't make kids do anything anymore. They're not like my generation who were always willing to exercise their God-given right to attempt to reproduce.

Note to Plan B males: Join Ancestory.com if you want to find out the result of you "doing your part".

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Sue U wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:36 am
TPFKA@W wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:10 am
Get cracking, there are babies to be made.
My friend Vicki’s (of Israel) son assisted his wife in making eleventy some little Jews so they are picking up for your little slackers.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Joe Guy wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:58 am
Note to Plan B males: Join Ancestory.com if you want to find out the result of you "doing your part".
A good friend using Ancestry "for fun" just found out that she shares only half the DNA of her 4 siblings, and that she is just as closely related to another family from the next county. (All the parental units are deceased, so none of those questions will be answered.) Apparently this is not uncommon, and Ancestry has a support group for people making these kinds of discoveries.
GAH!

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I did get email from a young lady about 30 years ago who knew (somehow) that I was in the Army at Fort Dix at the right time to be her father and was asking for my details. Unhappily for me in many ways, I was only at Ft Dix for 36 hours on my way to the troop ship in Brooklyn from Ft. Leonard Wood.
My time at Ft Dix was fully supervised and (also sadly) I arrived there and departed, a virgin.

snailgate