Prayer in School

All things philosophical, related to belief and / or religions of any and all sorts.
Personal philosophy welcomed.
Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Prayer in School

Post by Econoline »

Hey Kids!

I have some marvelous news. Not sure if you've heard or not but the Supreme Court said its OK for you guys to openly practice Satanism in your school. You should probably perform religious rituals to show your gratitude. This stupendous religious decision also includes Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, Wiccan, Pastafarians, African traditional religions, Chinese folk religions, Native American religions Baha’i faith, Jainism, Sikhism, Shintoism, Taoism, Tenrikyo and Zoroastrianism to name just a few.

Show your support of your favorite God by praying as much as you'd like. Your class and teacher are a captive audience so make it good!

Prayer in School.jpg
(Stolen from The Bitchy Pundit, on Facebook.)
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Sue U

Re: Prayer in School

Post by Sue U »

GAH!

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

That one is hard for me to figure. I have not seen the actual text.

But Econoline 'and others' category--Does it include Rastafarian? That would give whole new meaning to old phrase "Smoke if you got 'em"

And there is always my favorite--Pastafarian

snailgate

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

If you're searching for a god (or gods) to worship, I suggest one check out the Discworld pantheon as enumerated in the writings of Sir Pterry Pratchett. His novel, "Small Gods", is a good starting point.

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Thanks BB for that reference. I just went over to Amazon and I was surprised--this is highly valued in the open marketplace. The lowest priced used was going for more than the Kindle version

snailgate