The Beeeeeest of Babylon

All things philosophical, related to belief and / or religions of any and all sorts.
Personal philosophy welcomed.
MajGenl.Meade

The Beeeeeest of Babylon

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

HEAVEN — In an announcement sure to have a significant impact on millions of lives before and after death, Heavenly sources confirmed that people who attend church two days per year can go to Heaven for two days per year.

"Sure, your two days of church attendance per year totally count," explained Saint Peter. "They count for two days of Heaven per year, and the rest of the year you get tortured by demons. It's very fair."

The system had reportedly been in place for centuries, ever since the dawn of the twice-per-year churchgoer. "They can spend the rest of their eternity in Hell sleeping in and watching football games or whatever," said a Heavenly angel. "Though, I'm told the only games they get in Hell are when the Jets play the Browns."
"The only games they get . . ." :lol: :lol: :lol:
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

ex-khobar Andy

Re: The Beeeeeest of Babylon

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

So do you have to go 365 (366 in a Leap Year) days a year to get a full time pass? That's me fucked. Mind you I think I'll have pretty good company.

Burning Petard

Re: The Beeeeeest of Babylon

Post by Burning Petard »

to quote the saintly Samuel Clemens: Heaven for the climate, Hell for the conversation.

snailgate