My Garden's Easter Message to Me

All things philosophical, related to belief and / or religions of any and all sorts.
Personal philosophy welcomed.
Joe Guy

My Garden's Easter Message to Me

Post by Joe Guy »

It was "Please leave me alone".

Today I decided to move a birdhouse I have hanging on a tree limb from one tree to another tree's limb. As I approached it I thought it might be a good idea to check inside for critters and clean it out. I took off the cover and, to my surprise, there was a bird sitting on a nest starring back at me.

The bird just sat and quietly looked at me as if it was thinking I should have called before coming to visit.

I whispered, "Oops! Sorry. I'll just put this cover back on. See you around."

The photo below is a stock photo of the same birdhouse. The bird looks a lot like the one I saw but I'm not a bird expert. It had a beak, wings, tail and two eyes and was kinda small.

Just thought I'd share that....

Birdhouse.jpg
Birdhouse.jpg (36.23 KiB) Viewed 73 times

BoSoxGal

Re: My Garden's Easter Message to Me

Post by BoSoxGal »

Yes the birdies are already sitting on eggs. I watched the cardinals in my yard getting frisky a few weeks ago - it won’t be long before their first brood of babies are visiting my safflower seed feeder. I can’t wait - spring is hands down my favorite season!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I see dandelion blooms in the parking lot of my apt complex today. snailgate

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

A Northern Flicker attacked our chimney cap this morning. Amorous little bleeder
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Burning Petard wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:36 am
I see dandelion blooms in the parking lot of my apt complex today.
Did you know dandelions are edible?
Always look on the bright side of life......
4 Convincing Reasons To Eat Dandelion Flowers - Learn Your Land

Dandelion requires no introduction — both verbally and ecologically.

We all know how to properly identify Dandelion. We all know that Dandelion possesses a resilient disposition, and we’re probably aware that Dandelion is edible.

What new things, then, can be said about the world’s most familiar plant — one that greets us every single morning… every single afternoon… and every single day, at least until the snow falls again?

Here’s something new: If you want to look and feel better, eat Dandelion flowers.

Yes, the entire aerial portion is edible, including Dandelion’s leaves, stalks, and buds, though if you really want to ingest more local nutrition and medicine from your landscape, eat the yellow flower. It may be the healthiest part of the plant.

At least that’s what research from the scientific journal Nutrition Reviews suggests. If you’re interested in hearing more about the rarely discussed, though undoubtedly incredible medicinal properties contained within Dandelion’s flower, check out this new video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1lYtk16UMQ

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

And wine and books . . .

And there's always a connection
Fans of Ray Bradbury will surely remember The Time Machine, one of the more iconic stories in his wonderful collection Dandelion Wine. In that story, a group of kids break into an old, haunted-seeming mansion to find the “time machine,” which turns out to be an old man who tells them stories about the Civil War
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts