House for sale; no Muslims.

All things philosophical, related to belief and / or religions of any and all sorts.
Personal philosophy welcomed.

Should this be allowed?

Poll ended at Sat May 08, 2010 12:02 am

Yes, you should be able to choose who you sell your house to.
50%
No, you should not be allowed to discriminate.
50%

Total votes: 14

Gob

House for sale; no Muslims.

Post by Gob »

FORMER One Nation leader Pauline Hanson's Queensland home remains on the market, but not for everyone.

Muslim buyers, for example, aren't welcome.

Ms Hanson, who has put up for sale her million-dollar property in Coleyville, south-west of Brisbane, announced she was moving to Britain earlier this year.

Her hardline views on race sparked a national debate over immigration policy and Aboriginal disadvantage from the time she entered Parliament in 1996, the same election that made John Howard prime minister.

While taking the Seven Network's Sunrise program on a recent tour of her home, she said she would not allow certain members of the Australian community to buy the property.

Asked if Asians were welcome to express interest in the property, Ms Hanson said she would not sell the home to an Asian who lived overseas.

But she had no problem with selling the property to ''an Australian who is of Asian background''.

''No problems whatsoever,'' she said.

Asked if she would be prepared to sell the property to a Muslim, she said no.

''Because I don't believe that they are compatible with our way of life, our culture.

''And I think we are going to have problems with them in this country further down the track, so I have no intention of selling my home to a Muslim.''

The president of the Australian Federation of Islamic Councils Inc, Ikebal Patel, said that if Ms Hanson felt she could discriminate even as she left Australia, it was ''a good thing that she's gone to England''.

''If she feels even in her final shot in selling her house she can still discriminate against the greater population of the world, then that's one person we don't need to live in this country,'' Mr Patel said.

''And it's a good thing that she's gone to England then.''

Mr Patel also questioned whether people from the communities Ms Hanson singled out would want to buy her house.

''People might think there will be people from the Asian or Muslim communities that might be clamouring to buy this house but that's far from the truth.

''Whether people from these communities would want to buy this house is another thing that we can question.''

http://www.smh.com.au/national/muslims- ... -tqbb.html
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Sean

Re: House for sale; no Muslims.

Post by Sean »

Pauline is really going to fit in when she moves to the UK... :roll:

This could only be better if she announced she was moving to Bradford. :lol:
Why is it that when Miley Cyrus gets naked and licks a hammer it's 'art' and 'edgy' but when I do it I'm 'drunk' and 'banned from the hardware store'?

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

What a waste of DNA that woman is. The sooner she goes, the better for us.

:-)
Bah!

kristina

Post by kristina »

The Hen wrote:What a waste of DNA that woman is. The sooner she goes, the better for us.

:-)
Agreed, but too bad for whatever town she pollutes with her presence...

Daisy

Post by Daisy »

*Sigh*

Yeah but that means she's coming here .. knowing my luck she'll probably move to Oldham.

Gob

Post by Gob »

How long would a ginge survive in Oldham?
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Sean

Post by Sean »

She'd join the BNP in an ironic twist.
Why is it that when Miley Cyrus gets naked and licks a hammer it's 'art' and 'edgy' but when I do it I'm 'drunk' and 'banned from the hardware store'?

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

I can see that happening in a flash.
Bah!

Daisy

Post by Daisy »

Gob wrote:How long would a ginge survive in Oldham?

Perfect climate for 'em innit we only get about four days of sunshine a year ;)

Gob

Post by Gob »

Former One Nation leader Pauline Hanson has taken her Queensland home off the market, following a backlash against her decision not to sell to Muslims.

Ms Hanson has been forced to shelve plans to sell her million-dollar property in Coleyville, southwest of Brisbane, and move to Britain.

Her decision comes amid widespread outrage, prompted by remarks from the former politician that she's not prepared to sell to Muslims or foreign investors because the buyer has to be compatible with the Australian way of life.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/hanson-w ... utostart=1
Bugger, we get to keep her...

Sean

Post by Sean »

I'm not impressed by all the fuss. Why shouldn't she be allowed to sell her property to whoever she chooses? Her reasons may not be pure but they are her reasons and I believe that she is entitled to them.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Sell papers mate, she's always good for copy.

Car crash personalities usually are.

I agree she should be allowed to sell to whomever she pleases or not.

But I don't have to admire her. :)

Miles

Post by Miles »

Sean wrote:I'm not impressed by all the fuss. Why shouldn't she be allowed to sell her property to whoever she chooses? Her reasons may not be pure but they are her reasons and I believe that she is entitled to them.
I agree that she should have the last word on who buys her property. I also don't consider her particular choice to go public with her reasons apprroprite. Stiring the pot for the sake of making a splash smacks of sensationalism.
I expect to go straight to hell...........at least I won't have to spend time making new friends.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I imagine she could seel to whomever she wanted in the US as well, but a licensed realtor/broker would not be permitted to be part of the transaction and to exclude people based on ethnicity/religion. And as Gb said, there's nothing to admire about her.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Miles wrote:
I agree that she should have the last word on who buys her property. I also don't consider her particular choice to go public with her reasons apprroprite. Stiring the pot for the sake of making a splash smacks of sensationalism.

Here's a quick guide to Pauline Hanson for you Miles. Sensationalism? More like loony toons! :)

SisterMaryFellatio

Post by SisterMaryFellatio »

I actually refused to sell my house back in the UK to some people. I didn't like them. Irrelevant what colour or race they were...yes you should be able to chose..

PS I am a ranga too but by choice should I now change my username to Pauline?

Miles

Post by Miles »

Thanks for the link Strop. She certainly has some strange ideas. :dig
I expect to go straight to hell...........at least I won't have to spend time making new friends.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Strange, but unfortunately not uncommon Miles...