Not just the US then...

All things philosophical, related to belief and / or religions of any and all sorts.
Personal philosophy welcomed.
Gob

Not just the US then...

Post by Gob »

Shoppers walked past a dying man as he lay helpless on the pavement.

The man, in his 50s, was slumped outside a busy row of shops in Eastfield Road, Peterborough, for nearly two hours before someone finally came to his aid.

A passer-by eventually dialled 999 after approaching the man to see if he needed help.

Good Samaritan Tony Poll said he felt disgusted that the man had been left there for so long and blasted shoppers for having 'no regard for human life'.

Mr Poll said: 'Even as I stopped to help, people were saying leave him he is just drunk, but I thought I have seen drunk people before and this man is in trouble.'

When he got closer he noticed the man's face was discoloured and he was not breathing. He immediately alerted emergency services.

He added 'No-one cared, someone should have been able to save him or just make a simple call.

'I am disgusted, I really am and my heart goes out to his family.'

Mr Poll had originally feared that the man, who police are trying to identify, had been the victim of a crime so tried not to disturb the scene as he desperately felt for signs of life.

He said people in the area told him the stricken man had been lying on the pavement last Friday afternoon for 'about two hours'.

And he also praised ambulance workers who valiantly worked for more than half-an-hour to try to revive the stricken man, whose shopping lay strewn around him.
Councillor Stephen Goldspink described the incident as 'absolutely appalling'

He said: 'I have never seen anything like it, they really fought to save him but it was too late.

'I wasn't sure if he had been attacked at first and hit, so I tried not to move him too much.

'I knew he was dead when I stopped and I honestly believe if someone had rung earlier it would be a different story.'

A spokeswoman for Cambridgeshire Police said they were not treating the death as suspicious.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z0ot1YOIPU

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

kristina

Re: Not just the US then...

Post by kristina »

His shopping lay strewn around him, and the callous/frightened/clueless bastards waking by thought he was drunk?

Me, I often wait to do the weekly marketing until after I've tied one on sufficient for me to do a face-plant. :arg