Home for Random Thoughts

Members own writings, photography, music, art, poetry, prose.
Show off your own stuff, share the pleasure, suffer the critics.
Guinevere

Re: Home for Random Thoughts

Post by Guinevere »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:38 pm
The steaks are marinading, the potatoes are roasting, the peas await their face-to-face with boiling water . . . I sip on my Jack Daniels and contemplate the Ernie Ells 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon breathing its last over there on the shelf with the two glasses waiting thirstily. 23 minutes until dinner - watching Pointless, then The Middle or Big Bang Theory until 9:15 when Spurs play West Ham. That should spoil a pleasant evening.
Can you not get real bourbon in SA?
“Women belong in all places where decisions are being made.“ ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Guinevere wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:44 pm
MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:38 pm
The steaks are marinading, the potatoes are roasting, the peas await their face-to-face with boiling water . . . I sip on my Jack Daniels and contemplate the Ernie Els 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon breathing its last over there on the shelf with the two glasses waiting thirstily. 23 minutes until dinner - watching Pointless, then The Middle or Big Bang Theory until 9:15 when Spurs play West Ham. That should spoil a pleasant evening.
Can you not get real bourbon in SA?
Maybe - it was a thank-you gift for a friend who gave us two bottles of wine (not good wine though) in an hour of need. But you know . . . lock-down, Covid . . . I'm drinking it.

LR - Spurs defied the odds last night. Changed the game plan from lose/draw to win. Surprised the absent crowd no end. 2-0 win. Season: Won 12 Drew 9 Lost 10. That's not a good line - average to poor for a club of their stature.
No use crying, talking to a stranger. Naming the sorrow you've seen. Too many bad times, too many sad times. Nobody knows what you mean

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Were one to swallow a few Mentos whole then chug some coke how far out the nose would spray shoot? Would the ears be involved?
su·pe·ri·or·i·ty com·plex
noun
noun: superiority complex

an attitude of superiority which conceals actual feelings of inferiority and failure.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

The spray might shoot out a person's ass and launch someone into orbit. I guess it would depend on the amounts ingested.

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I seem to recall the Mythbusters doing something with this myth/urban legend using Pop Rocks, Diet Coke, and a pig's stomach.  They then later revisited it with the actual Mentos and Diet Coke.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MythBuste ... ng_Stomach
Since the stomach is intended to expand, it wouldn't rupture, so they had to call it busted.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

noun

an attitude of superiority which conceals actual feelings of inferiority and failure.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

noun

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I often think this. I may have posted it before. But I think I did not.

Why does Superglue always stick anything to my fingers - but it often fails to stick anything to anything else?

Perhaps that's two random thoughts.

Three (or more)
No use crying, talking to a stranger. Naming the sorrow you've seen. Too many bad times, too many sad times. Nobody knows what you mean

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Let's see...if two people are having sex, that's a twosome...if three people are having sex, that's a threesome...

So...yeah, I guess people might say I'm handsome.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

-"BB"-