Home for Random Thoughts

Members own writings, photography, music, art, poetry, prose.
Show off your own stuff, share the pleasure, suffer the critics.
MajGenl.Meade

Re: Home for Random Thoughts

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Harrumph!

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Sorry — anyone who dresses like that would absolutely suck as an agent.  You want to blend in, be ordinary, not stand out or draw attention to yourself.
Someone like myself, in other words.   Agent 'Tenspeed', VIO, with a learner's permit to kill.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

wesw

Post by wesw »

i like bill s little pixie better.

and can you guess what sq stood for?

i ve invented my little hip acronymn, as much as i detest acronymns..., and appaarently can t spell them..., in the spirit of lol

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:05 pm
Sorry — anyone who dresses like that would absolutely suck
I think that was the subliminal message . . .
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I tried to be a better person; I made my usual chicken curry recipe with chickpeas and spinach and no chicken, but everything else the same - I added some chicken broth in an attempt to capture some of the mouthfeel.

It was uninspiring and my leftover curry sat unloved for two days in the back of the fridge.

I went to the market today for chicken thighs, cooked them up and added in the curry and let it all meld - divine!

I guess it’s good I’m adding chickpeas and spinach to my chicken curry. Sweet peppers, onions, a whole bulb of garlic, chickpeas and spinach, crushed tomatoes . . . and chicken, but only half as much. (And some cream & butter, but not a lot.) It’s almost healthy. :shrug
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

datsunaholic

Post by datsunaholic »

I tried making my chicken curry with tofu. Just didn't work. Mine isn't remotely healthy. Chicken, curry powder or paste, coconut milk, onion, cayenne, chili powder, carrots, red or orange bell pepper, fish oil, thyme,oregano, bamboo shoots, lemon juice...
Death is Nature's way of telling you to slow down.

wesw

Post by wesw »

i m not a big surrender fan, but sometimes surrender is the best option, sometimes not.

at least pretending to surrender...

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I can understand your tofu curry with and without chicken completely. I am a fan of food using ingredients that are totally outside my own culture.

But I rarely have a happy result when I try to integrate that ingredient into my comfort foods. I try to stick to recipes based on the typical use in the source culture for that ingredient. I would never try to put tofu into my chili, for example. I have found expansive use of chick-pea paste in lots of the midwestern America stuff I am used to. But carbonzo beans are not that strange.

snailgate

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I like Haagen-Dazs Caramel Cone ice cream

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I've been anti-caramel for my entire life. Anything that has caramel in it is inedible for me. It's the only reason I don't like Snickers. Rolos are disgusting and just plain caramel candy is so disgusting that it should be loaded with botulinum toxin and dropped on Hamas members.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I agree -- care A mels are disgusting. Halloween is coming. Will make some traditional (for me) CAR mel popcorn and eat it myself. I shall make a few CAR mel apples for special friends' children. Don't get me started on puh CON pie. I do like to eat those nuts because they are much easier to shell than my real favorite, black walnuts.

snailgate.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't love caramel. There are very few things in life as delicious as a high quality, small batch sea salt caramel with dark chocolate coating.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Just over half an hour to the big game - France <spit> v. The Boks. And it's on Peacock! Almost NA beer time!

wesw

Post by wesw »

curling?

wesw

Post by wesw »

sq stands for ..., smiling quietly

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Didn’t want to start a whole thread - I bought Netflix for a month and need suggestions of what’s good to watch, what’s the new stuff from the last six months?

Just been watching The Fall of the House of Usher. It’s got very little to do with Poe but it’s been mindless entertainment.
~ Carl Sagan

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

cunk on earth
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

That's a fun mockumentary. :ok

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Econoline wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:00 am
Why oh why are so many online photos and especially videos reversed (mirror-image) from what they should be? It's just so obvious, when any printed text or signage shown are backwards. :shrug
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

wesw

Post by wesw »

i actually watched a movie

pool hall junkies...

i am glad that i did not grow up in NYC...

playing for 20 a game was dangerous enough...