Facebook update today (mine)

Members own writings, photography, music, art, poetry, prose.
Show off your own stuff, share the pleasure, suffer the critics.
TPFKA@W

Facebook update today (mine)

Post by TPFKA@W »

Screw anyone who cares about the grammar, it's for freaking Facebook and who cares.
Well what an interesting last couple of days. First there was Spouse and his great pacemaker adventure. BTW he is doing very well. He is over some of his helplessness and doing some/most things for himself.
Then last night he was jolted awake, and in turn jolted me awake at 1am. Phone call from son. Son was in hospital ER. Appendicitis. Since it was dark and foggy and I am the designated driver for the next 2 weeks and I don't do dark and foggy well we waited till 6am to set out. Long wait at hospital, son has appendix stone, stone being a piece of hard poop that has slipped down in the appendix, which has become appendicitis. He had a laproscopic surgery and is on his way to better. So Spouse decides he wants me to take him on a drive in the country on the way home. Out in the middle of nowhere we drive up to a 4 way stop. As I am puttputting forward a black crown vic comes up from behind and nearly sideswipes us, roars through the intersection making a hard left turn, runs off the road down a slight bank into a cornfield, nearly rolls over, speeds up and goes about 50 feet through the corn alongside the road, shoots up the bank, lands on its nose, the rear end is way up in the air and bangs down hard nearly runs off the other side of the road, over corrects, fishtails, has bits of crown vic dragging underneath that were formerly neatly attached, screeches off down the road laying rubber all the way with various fluids and metal bits flying off in different directions. Spouse and I, mouths hanging open I am sure, first think we ought to pull over and offer help, see that the car is still moving, go on through the intersection thinking what a douchbag this driver is, suddenly have a cop car coming up, lights flashing, siren blaring and it dawns on us we are in the midst of a high speed chase. I wave my arm out the window pointing in the direction of the fleeing felon. The cop headed off after him. We will now resume our quiet, often extremely uneventful and boring existence, lord be willing.

Lord Jim

Re: Facebook update today (mine)

Post by Lord Jim »

a black crown vic comes up from behind and nearly sideswipes us, roars through the intersection making a hard left turn, runs off the road down a slight bank into a cornfield, nearly rolls over, speeds up and goes about 50 feet through the corn alongside the road, shoots up the bank, lands on its nose, the rear end is way up in the air and bangs down hard nearly runs off the other side of the road, over corrects, fishtails, has bits of crown vic dragging underneath that were formerly neatly attached, screeches off down the road laying rubber all the way with various fluids and metal bits flying off in different directions.
I'm going to go out on a limb here, and suggest that alcohol and/or drugs may have been involved...
ImageImageImage

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

:lol:

When I get police reports that read like that (and it's more often than you'd like to think), it usually does involve heavy intoxication (usually booze) which induces 'Bonnie & Clyde' syndrome.

This syndrome never ends well.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Gob

Post by Gob »

I'm jealous TPFKA@W, you've just had a bit part in an episode of Duke of Hazzard!
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Gob wrote:I'm jealous TPFKA@W, you've just had a bit part in an episode of Duke of Hazzard!
It was not nearly the fun I thought it would be. Since we're nonunion will we get scale?

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

I've heard more than my share of similar stories from the "Bonnie and Clyde" side. Yes, alcohol was involved in all of the stories.

ETA
None ended well.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

TPFKA@W wrote:Since we're nonunion will we get scale?
If you do, there's an ointment I can recommend.

Also, @w, glad your hubby's on the mend.
GAH!

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Without your card, you get nuttin'.

Glad the @hub is up and about and doing well!
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Gob

Post by Gob »

Sue U wrote:
TPFKA@W wrote:Since we're nonunion will we get scale?
If you do, there's an ointment I can recommend.
:lol: :lol: :lol: You're on a roll this week Sue!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”