Starry, starry night

Members own writings, photography, music, art, poetry, prose.
Show off your own stuff, share the pleasure, suffer the critics.
Gob

Starry, starry night

Post by Gob »

Been having a crack at long exposures.

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Guinevere

Re: Starry, starry night

Post by Guinevere »

I need a tripod . . . these are great!
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Gob

Post by Gob »

Thanks Guin! You should also consider either a remote or cable release. You can get them cheap on ebay.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Nice shots, Gob! :ok

(As I mentioned in another thread, I've pulled by 35mm out of mothballs, and have been shooting film. I'll start posting some pics soon - we have amazing starry nights in rural Montana, so I'll be sure to try some long exposures and share what I come up with.)
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Gob

Post by Gob »

Couple more from last night

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

More good stuff, especially the apparition effect.

Gob

Post by Gob »

Thanks LR

30 second exposure, with me stood in it for 10 seconds.

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

Ghost hunters.