Lemonade Scones

Members own writings, photography, music, art, poetry, prose.
Show off your own stuff, share the pleasure, suffer the critics.
Gob

Lemonade Scones

Post by Gob »

We have someone leaving today at work, so I needed an easy recipe to knock up before going in, Hen turned me on to Lemonade scones.

Just made this batch, looking good!!

Recipe here; http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/6036/lemonade+scones

ETA: taste fucking yummy!!!!
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

oldr_n_wsr

Re: Lemonade Scones

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

Looks like they can double for cricket balls.
:mrgreen:

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

The one in the upper left hand corner tried hard to be an American biscuit.

The scones they sell here are dry and hard. Those look moist and flakey, like a biscuit.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

YUM - except the recipe uses really weird measurements :nana

I'd add some lemon zest too, and maybe even brush them with a little lemon juice and sugar glaze when baking (instead of the milk).
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Gob

Post by Gob »

They are soft and fluffy. That batch disappeared within five minutes of being put out at work, I gave the crew some clotted cream and plum jam to go with them, or a sort of cream tea really.

A cream tea (also known as a Devonshire tea, Devon cream tea or Cornish cream tea) is a form of afternoon tea light meal, consisting of tea taken with a combination of scones, clotted cream, and jam. Traditionally a speciality of Devon and Cornwall, cream teas are offered for sale in tea rooms in those two counties, as well as in other parts of England, and elsewhere in the Commonwealth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cream_tea
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Yes, I love a good cream tea. My Mom used to make scones for us when we came home from school, I still adore them..

And, we've had the clotted cream/jam correct order discussion here at least once before. For the record, it's cream, then jam.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Gob

Post by Gob »

Ah, you take it Devon style then . :)

Oh, I added sultanas and a little dessicated coconut to mine.