The calm before the storm

Members own writings, photography, music, art, poetry, prose.
Show off your own stuff, share the pleasure, suffer the critics.
Guinevere

The calm before the storm

Post by Guinevere »

Tonight's sky. Unretouched. 60 degrees and so flat calm you can barely hear the waves lapping. Tomorrow, howling winds and 4-10 inches of snow on the busiest travel day of the year. Woowhooo!

Happy Thanksgiving one and all!
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Sue U

Re: The calm before the storm

Post by Sue U »

Hey, how'd you get home so early?

Stay safe; happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
GAH!

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

That looks so peaceful and inviting...

Lovely shot... :ok
ImageImageImage

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Sue U wrote:Hey, how'd you get home so early?
!
Storm & travel prep. Glad I did despite the piles of work left behind - it was one of the most beautiful sunsets I've seen in a while!
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

Starting to get a little bit of hail.
This past saturday I bought a new car (figures). Its a Subaru forester with AWD so I should be good to go. Of course here on the island there will be tons of traffic so going crazy with my AWD is not possilbe. (not that I would go crazy anyway)
Will be going to play football with all my old high school buddies tomorrow morning. Been doing this since 1974 or 75. I only missed one game back in 1985. My som was only 2 months old and there was about 6 inches of snow on the ground and my wife was affraid to drive to her mothers house. So I played good husband/father and drove her and the son to her parents house instead of playing.

Anyway
Everyone have a great thanksgiving and remember to honor the day by giving thanks for all your blessings.

May you always have what you need and want what you have.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

oldr_n_wsr wrote:Will be going to play football with all my old high school buddies tomorrow morning. Been doing this since 1974 or 75. I only missed one game back in 1985.
Be careful oldr, it's not worth breakng a hip! :o :lol: :o :lol:
GAH!

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

Sue U wrote:
oldr_n_wsr wrote:Will be going to play football with all my old high school buddies tomorrow morning. Been doing this since 1974 or 75. I only missed one game back in 1985.
Be careful oldr, it's not worth breakng a hip! :o :lol: :o :lol:
I'll try not to. Most of those playing are about the same age so it's not like we are running wild. Some of ours sons also play so we let them do the running/hitting/falling/etc :ok .

Gob

Post by Gob »

Nice shot Guin!!
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

Be careful oldr, it's not worth breakng a hip!
No broken hips. wooo hooo.
There was a pulled muscle or two (not me) ;)