the elven gospels

Members own writings, photography, music, art, poetry, prose.
Show off your own stuff, share the pleasure, suffer the critics.
MajGenl.Meade

Re: the elven gospels

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

wesw

Post by wesw »

:lol:

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

This is the same population of people that still includes some men who rape virgin girls to cure their AIDS, right?
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Melanin-positive people.
'nuff said.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

i have seen the depths of depravity engaged in by the liliest white people.

Your statement speaks very strongly to your character.
Last edited by BoSoxGal on Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Bicycle Bill wrote:Melanin-positive people.
'nuff said.
-"BB"-
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

BoSoxGal wrote:i have seen the depths of depravity engaged in by the liliest white people.

Your statement speaks very strongly to your character.
I'll not dispute your observation of depravity, counselor.  What I was saying is that I don't think there are too many non-melanin-rich people who believe that someone can lay hands on a corpse and raise it from the dead.

And since I don't do Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, or any of the other so-called "gotta follow 'em" social media sites, I don't know if the "Resurrection Challenge" (or more properly, "Resurrection Parody") had crossed the color line.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if it has, but I think that speaks more to the average intelligence of the users of these social media platforms than anything else.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

You’re asserting that only dark skinned people are capable of extreme stupidly and/or gullibility.

I cannot fathom how anybody could say such a thing, absent racial bias, after participating on this board and hearing from the very white and very ignorant posters who regularly spew ignorance here - not to mention observing millions of white Americans jumping through hoops to prove how gullible they are in the face of our Snake Oil Salesman-in-Chief.

eta: There have been plenty of WHITE American religious groups that have preached resurrection and other bizarre shit and whose followers have participated in mass suicides in anticipation of said event(s). Really, you must be fucking kidding.
~ Carl Sagan

wesw

Post by wesw »

bill calls black folks "porch monkeys"

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

wesw wrote:bill calls black folks "porch monkeys"
And I call you a dipshit, among other things.  What's your point?
-"BB"-

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I doubt color has anything to with it. I gather that many palish persons across the world believe that dead popes and prelates, not to mention fascist nuns, perform "miracles" while they were alive - all this proven by "witnesses" who are clearly self-deluded liars.

The gullible will always be with us and the problem of "charismatic" venal, self-declared ministers fleecing their flock is not a peculiarly African problem - although it has grown here to the point where government intervention is growing apace. Perhaps dangerously so.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts