the elven gospels

Members own writings, photography, music, art, poetry, prose.
Show off your own stuff, share the pleasure, suffer the critics.
wesw

Re: the elven gospels

Post by wesw »

capitalized and revised. no apostrophes tho.....

wesw

Post by wesw »

crap, I can t edit the original post any more. that s ok, the first chapter is pretty much complete.....

Don t be frightened Children, God is with you. Your Journey will not be easy, but the reward will be great. This mountain grows smaller as you increase, and your strong blood must be mingled with the others, lest you grow weaker instead of stronger. You have done well here, and this place flows with love, but you have seen how some of the babies come into Gods world, damaged and weak. Your blood grows too close, you must find your brothers and sisters, you must love them as you love your mountain Family here. The land will sustain you on your Journey. Already the grasslands teem with deer and rabbits and the fruits of the field. The fishes are beyond number now. There are other of God s creatures out there too. dangerous beasts, but they too serve the Lord in their way. they will make you strong and clever and wise. some will become your friends. you know the story of Dog. Some will feast upon your bones if you do not keep God s love in your hearts and do not hang together as Family, and some will feast upon you no matter what you do. Some of you will die so that others may live. It is His way, it has always been His way....

"Jim-bob, Gwendolyn, we must speak. Let us walk and talk a while...."

darn, chapter one wasn t over yet. I kinda like the editing time limit. it will force me to finisht hings. what is it, a week?

chapter 2: Traveltime

"You two must leave this place, but some will stay. some will want to stay out of fear. other s out of weakness, other s because they love this place too much to leave it. Some will perish from God s earth. The weakest among you will likely die soon..., either way they choose. And that must be the way of it, they must choose. when the two of you go, some will follow. You are the strongest, you are the smartest, they will follow you. You must lead them..., and Love them.

your mountain will be a safe haven for a time, but it will see the world come to it soon enough and I must be near to guide those who stay..., and survive. we have many things to talk about before you leave on your Journey. you have much to learn...
Last edited by wesw on Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wesw

Post by wesw »

revised ,edited, and added to...

I don t know about the quotation marks yet....

wesw

Post by wesw »

darn, I need to change how I began the first chapter, it s a different story now.....

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Two words:

"paragraph breaks"
ImageImageImage

wesw

Post by wesw »

I will look into that, I have to re write some of it now anyway.....

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Two words.... ST OP
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

:lol:
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

wesw

Post by wesw »

wolf watched, as he always watched.

he watched to learn, he watched to understand, he watched for weakness, he watched for strength.

he watched for enemies and he watched for friends....

he watched the two-legs leave their mountain, he watched them leave their safe home, he watched them enter his land, finally, and he smiled....

he howled the news to the four winds, then loped off, following, smiling....
Last edited by wesw on Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

What... he loped off behind all four winds? Two more words

CEA SE
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

wesw

Post by wesw »

thanks, but you know that I write by the seat of my pants, then go back later to clean up the messy parts.

I fixed that line, but haven t proofed the rest yet....

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

:ok

wesw

Post by wesw »

wolf thrilled as he tasted their scents. he felt danger. he felt some strange kinship with these odd creatures. he felt the thrill of the hunt, yet he was not hunting them. these were curious creatures, and he was a curious wolf, so he followed at his leisure.

he was not sure why these two-legs were dangerous but they were , he knew it somehow. they did not look dangerous, they were not fast, they were not strong, but they walked like hunters.

they had antlers that were long and sharp, and quills that they could spray, but antlers had never frightened him before, and quills could be avoided.

but hunters had teeth and claws, not antlers and quills. these were curious creatures and he was a curious wolf, so he followed. his brother fell in beside him, smiling, and they followed...

it was a time of plenty on the land, the babies were just born and the hunting was easy.

it was an auspicious time to begin a journey

wesw

Post by wesw »

"gwen, them wolves is still there."

"what do they want, jim bob?"

"i don t rightly know sweetie, but I m skeered. they coulda had me yesterday if they was a-wantin' to. my pants was full down around my ankles. they looked skeered too, but not too skeered.... them teeth was somethin' to see , I ll tell you that ."

"i m a-gonna take 'em this here deer carcass. maybe if they s got a full belly they won t be a-tempted to gnaw on us..."

"dang jim bob, are you sure that s smart?" "they didn t look none to hungry to me anyways, shoot, they looked a-better'n us..."

"i don t know darlin', jes' seems right to me, but I won t if you'uns ain t a-wantin' me too..."

"well..., it ain t like we can carry it, they s a-gonna get it anyways..., might as well make friendly like..."
Last edited by wesw on Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wesw

Post by wesw »

the wolves looked up from their paw licking, the taste of blood and from their grooming salty and earthy in their mouths....

there were many coming, with purpose. with their antlers and their quills. the wolves rose, rumbling, hackles rising. the two legs stopped and their scents hit the wolves, and the wolves tasted them, they tasted the two legs and the deer carcass that they carried..., and dropped...., they backed away..., they left...., they left the carcass.

the wolves were perplexed.

the curious wolf walked forward.....

wesw

Post by wesw »

in the third post above this one, revise to be punctuated : "...,at his leisure."

wesw

Post by wesw »

jim bob, are you sure that we should keep heading north? it were mighty cold last night....

Gwendolyn..., we cain t turn back now. we s too far gone.

we either find n'ampshire and the good Yankees or we make a camp for winter.

I jus' thank the lord that we fed them wolves all summer.

I think that they killed both of them giant deer on purpose, for us.

they didn t even touch that small one, they jus' left it for us, I reckon.

gwen, we s gonna walk for a while further..., Look gwen!!!! they s smoke on that mountain! they s smoke and fire!!!

it s N'ampshire , gwen, it s n'ampshire!!!!

jimbob, I m a-skeered of n'ampshire...., I m a-skeered of the Yankees....

but gwen, n'ampshire has the Good Yankees...

he told us gwen. he told us about the good Yankees , it s gotta be true , gwen..., it s gotta be true.....

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I'm just glad there's not Twelve of them

(no idea what you typed but then that makes two of us)

wesw

Post by wesw »

they began as twelve..., this ragtag bunch of travelers......

wesw

Post by wesw »

9,000 views?

WTF?