the elven gospels

Members own writings, photography, music, art, poetry, prose.
Show off your own stuff, share the pleasure, suffer the critics.
wesw

the elven gospels

Post by wesw »

Chapter 1: Floodtime Ends

I wasn t always an elf...., I was a man once, long ago, before the Floodtime, when the swamps were dry and the steel stood tall, when the
Earth was an ugly place.

I was a miserable sort of man, ravaged by time and trouble. The cathedral of the Forest was my refuge, my sanctuary from the ugliness of life. I had always gone to the Forest in times of trouble, even as a boy. I felt the peace of God there, most times. other times I felt like an intruder, watched, hated, and i ran for my life gripped by fear. Humanity was not alone in succumbing to ugliness, you see, the elves had become ugly too....

Now now , settle down Children. I know that you see us as things of joy and beauty, but ours is a deadly, jealous beauty. most of those old elves are gone now, they were ancient and dying then. Their minds were twisted by the destruction of their family, their friends, their forests. their bodies were damaged by deprivation and battle, but they lived, some still lived. they lived in the few refuges that were untouched. they lived in small pockets of sylvan life, battling against the machines and their men. their life was death and they were ugly.

Listen now Children, enough about the elves for now, I must tell you something...

You are not alone... you are not alone on this Earth....., you have Brothers and Sisters and Cousins. they are all over God s Earth, spread out beyond the oceans, on mountains far and wide. mountains that stretch all the way to God s sweet Heaven. a And there are a Animals, there are Animals far beyond your imagination. There are cats that make your painter look like a kitten. There are deer that tower above your heads. There are elephants....

Floodtime is ending Children. you have seen the Ocean recede, you have seen the grasses grow far and wide. Traveltime is beginning...

Chapter 2: Traveltime Begins

..notes: accepted into the forest and faerie because I was cleansed by the Christ and my love of his earth was needed because the elves(angels) were dying (the earth was dying under the weight of 20 billion people)

trolls (squatches) survived but only mountain troll and a few river troll that had long ago joined and inter bred with the mountain trolls as their lands were overrun by people

trolls did not survive

only a few mountain trolls survived

pygmies bushmen hillbillies mountainfolkevery where survived, the amazonians survived and spread the old knowledge
Last edited by wesw on Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:23 pm, edited 7 times in total.

MajGenl.Meade

Re: untitled

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

]
Last edited by MajGenl.Meade on Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

wesw

Post by wesw »

I don t get it....

'splain ?

wesw

Post by wesw »

elf? gotta be the basque group. ?no?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I was thinking like El Jefe only El F.....

Not sure what the F might be...
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

wesw

Post by wesw »

oh, It s the acronym for Earth Liberation Front, the environmental group that commits arsons and stufff

wesw

Post by wesw »

I m just gonna add to, and edit the original post on this one, if I finish it. the idea is already turning out to be a longer story than I had planned to write. I ve never written a novel length piece and I m not sure that I want to... its fun to write short silly things , but I don t know if I want to go to the trouble of writing anything too complicated. my poor little head might explode....

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Oh don't. Please don't. We're not into publishing novels on this BBS. Please God, save us from El F******
Last edited by MajGenl.Meade on Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

wesw

Post by wesw »

you ve just earned yourself a cameo role, bucko......

it s almost musical when an elf says, "squeal like a pig, soldier"

wesw

Post by wesw »

...or maybe something just for you.....

let s see.....

something scholarly I think, I like to read scholarly books but they require research that I am not willing to do, so maybe a mixed genre thingy....

hmmmm.....

ok, maybe "elves and their effect on the outcome of the Civil War" a hot new history book based on the secret diaries of Maj Gen Meade....

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

How about "MajGenl.Meade and His Several Dwarfs - A Short Story."

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

A series of short stories

wesw

Post by wesw »

I think I ll go with the cameo appearance....

one of the elves will (italics) be named scooter... :)

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:A series of short stories
Nice fix.

A well entitled book and will surely be critically injured by reviewers...

wesw

Post by wesw »

alright guys, seriously, is this story worth finishing?

I think it s kinda cool myself, but I would actually have to do some research into ancient lore to make it good enough for me. I don t like to write that way and don t want to if it is not worth finishing. I , personally think that it is a good start, but what do I know? I m just a simple fisherman.....

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

wesw

Post by wesw »

I had already determined to disregard meade s opinion.

wesw

Post by wesw »

geez, I wish you guys would say it sucked or something...., I m not fragile. I ve excepted that I m not gonna be a successful writer.

I ve learned from my songs that a song that people love or hate can be a good song because it elicits an emotional response. a song that people say.., meh... is no good. hackwork.

I m thinkin; it s ok cause meade seems peeved by it....

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

I ve excepted that I m not gonna be a successful writer.
Or even perhaps "accepted"... 8-)
I ve learned from my songs that a song that people love or hate can be a good song because it elicits an emotional response.
I haven't seen enough of your proposed fantasy story to pass judgement on it as a story wes...

But I can tell you, that if you start putting up chapter long posts without apostrophes and proper capitalization, you will definitely "elicit an emotional response" from me... :P
ImageImageImage

wesw

Post by wesw »

thank you. it s not much different than my first story really, still exploring the style....

it took years to get the wesw persona right... :)