finally finished

Members own writings, photography, music, art, poetry, prose.
Show off your own stuff, share the pleasure, suffer the critics.
wesw

Re: finally finished

Post by wesw »

it s her vacation home.

cocoa puff does not like rain..., snow she loves, but not rain.....

sometimes she gets put out for an hour or maybe even two!!!!

I wouldn t want her to be uncomfortable if it drizzles......

the roof is made of two by tens that extend out giving her an overhang to cover her deck (i.e.-dogport)

it has that green insulation foam board under the roof and the inside stayed dry before I shingled it.

she barely goes in the darned thing anyway.....

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

two by tens?!?!?!?
a little overkill for a dog house if you ask me (you didn't, but I told you anyway)

Guess it won't go anywhere in the next hurricane you/we get.

:mrgreen:
My dog does not care if it's raining/snowing/sleet/hail he'll go and stay out in any of it. He should get a job at the US postal service. He already brings in the mail and the newspaper.

wesw

Post by wesw »

they get good pallets at my son s work.

I had a bunch of 2x10 s @ 5' , and I needed a roof.....

I think that a 4-post type tree stand would be a good present for my son......

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

Re-purposed wood. I see the logic now.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

oldr_n_wsr wrote:Re-purposed wood. I see the logic now.
That's not logic, that's just being cheap.
wesw + logic?  Now there's a bigger oxymoron than even "military intelligence" or "political ethics".
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

wesw

Post by wesw »

well, BB, a combo of poverty and frugality really....

it would be a lot easy, and faster, to make some fabrication drawings, make a cut list, make a fastener list, buy the requisite materials, cut every thing to length and shape, make a few quick jigs , and then assemble the whole she-bang

unfortunately, I can t afford that, plus I m getting mostly oak and mixed hardwood pallets, so the material is strong...

plus plus, the grey weathered look of the pallet wood is kinda cool looking, I like the yard motif it presents....

I call it my coastal hillbilly décor..., it s a step up from my "early poverty" milk crate motif......

holly is pleased that our yard is a pleasant place, and a bit more private than it was. :ok

we had a little fire last night , sat on our small , home made deck, with home made privacy fences and had some nice family time.

I can skin a buck and run a trotline too..... :nana

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Running a trotline is the proper way to fish. Leaves lots of time for other things without the need to hold onto a fishing rod.

wesw

Post by wesw »

it is efficient. if I was fishing commercially or had to stock up food for winter, it would be the way to go for me. i didn t get the knowledge of nets passed on to me, and i have never gone and learned it on my own. i wish i had thought to ask.....

oh well. they are all dead now...., i suppose i could traipse down to Virginia s eastern shore or deal island and find some long lost family member to teach me, but i get long in tooth... if the zombie apocalypse comes, i ll figure it out....

it works great for crabbing too!