finally finished

Members own writings, photography, music, art, poetry, prose.
Show off your own stuff, share the pleasure, suffer the critics.
wesw

finally finished

Post by wesw »

finally finished my daughter s treehouse/gazebo with observation deck.

the lower level has been ok to use for a while, but I got the railings on the upper level finished and built and installed the ladder today.

still want to make another bench and a windowsill for it, but its pretty much done.

I built in such a manner that it can be converted into a chicken coop in a few years if I get the notion......

anyway, the girl is happy.

:)

Guinevere

Re: finally finished

Post by Guinevere »

That sounds like fun! Can you come up to CT and make one for my boyz, they would love something like that and their Dad isn't super handy.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

wesw

Post by wesw »

well it took me months to get a three day job done...., if I was a contractor I would have been sued already.

I ll post a pic if someone shows me how to use holly s digital camera...

and shows me how to download it into my pictures file...

and shows me how to get a pic from my file into a post....

anyway, she is back to being a surly 13 year old already.

I don t know where she gets it from, her mom is sweet as pie.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Snap the photo, upload it to photobucket, share the photobucket link.

It's not easy being a 13 year old girl (or boy, either, but I think its harder for girls). The hormones rage. They make you feel funny. They make you feel like crap. They make you hurt. Throw up. Faint. It takes a while to learn to be able to manage that, and sometimes you don't learn, or sometimes they never really subside and you regularly feel like crap because of them, and then you finally feel like you've figured it out and you turn 40 and your hormones get wacky all over again (or so I've been told).

Give her a hug and let the surliness go. She doesn't really mean it.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

wesw

Post by wesw »

thanks guin, I ll try to take your advice ...., about the girl that is, I have no idea what a photobucket is....

you are right about it being harder for girls , I think. when my son was young he had only three go to options it seemed

yes, no, or maybe. boys have all sorts of emotions too, especially in the teen years, but they seem to view life in the "yes, no, or maybe" fashion despite their emotions. (except for me, of course :) )

girls are more complicated even as toddlers, I think.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

We are complicated, sensitive creatures. If you keep that in mind when dealing with us, and do your best to be understanding, open, truthful, and honest (i.e., don't be afraid to communicate, and "yes" "no" "maybe" don't count, you'll do just fine.

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

Guinevere wrote:We are complicated, sensitive creatures. If you keep that in mind when dealing with us, and do your best to be understanding, open, truthful, and honest (i.e., don't be afraid to communicate, and "yes" "no" "maybe" don't count, lock them in the treehouse until they are 23, you'll do just fine.
ftfy
:mrgreen:

wesw

Post by wesw »

how about I do all the things guin said, and (italics) lock her in the treehouse until she s 23?

the treehouse is constructed in such a manner that frisky boys can be hit somewhere on their Levi s with my Red Ryder , if necessary, from a back window.....

wesw

Post by wesw »

I am now building the worlds heaviest (and cheapest!) doghouse.

it has a small deck and dogport.

wesw

Post by wesw »

doghouse almost done. just need a little more wood and a few more fasteners...., and some good weather.

I mostly used nails recycled from pallets....

I wonder if I could build a wooden boat. there were boatbuilders in my family from down in Virginia....

just a small dinghy that would fit in my truck. I already have a come-a-long, no trailer necessary!

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

wesw wrote:doghouse almost done. just need a little more wood and a few more fasteners...., and some good weather.

I mostly used nails recycled from pallets....

I wonder if I could build a wooden boat. there were boatbuilders in my family from down in Virginia....

just a small dinghy that would fit in my truck. I already have a come-a-long, no trailer necessary!
You personally are more "dinghy" than any boat you could ever build, wes.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

wesw

Post by wesw »

oh ye of little faith.

I m sure that I could make one out of metal, but I m sick of metal, and it s pricey.

I could make a steamer easy enough, and I ve made countless jigs, from table sized to 65ft long....

that and some plans, and some decent wood, maybe from an old house or barn, and I d figure it out....

I d bet that my second boat would even float....

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

wesw wrote:I am now building the worlds heaviest (and cheapest!) doghouse.

If it were me, I'd make it pretty nice, knowing there'd be more than a few nights I'd be spending out there. ;)

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

wesw wrote:I am now building the worlds heaviest (and cheapest!) doghouse.

maybe you should add a garage...
ImageImageImage

wesw

Post by wesw »

hmmmmm.....

a dog cart would be a lot easier to build than a boat....

wesw

Post by wesw »

shingles were nailed on the doghouse today!!!

finally finished...., almost. a bit of trim work left....

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Trim work? Crown moldings? The dog deserves the best.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

wesw wrote:shingles were nailed on the doghouse today!!!

finally finished...., almost. a bit of trim work left....
You started in January, finished in March.  So that means the dog was homeless for six weeks?
Maybe you should have been doing less pounding of the keys for Trumpty-Dumpty and more pounding of the nails for poor ol' Phideaux.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Dog cart easier than a boat? Tell me more. I am considering the utility of a dog cart, after my legal authority to operate a motor vehicle is ended, either by my reasonableness or an act of civil responsibility on the part of my family. I am thinking there might be value in adding some braking system.

snailgate